• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you think Bangladesh should play Tests??

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, the U19 stuff is not even FC, but the match between Aust and the ROW is the biggest joke of them all:@

In fact I may start a thread about what are the ICC's biggest stuff ups, or sell outs?

1. ROW having Test status
2. Changing the Pakistan match to a draw
3. Too many to choose from:wacko:
Or taking such a long time to sack Hair?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The abysmal use of smileys has been annoying our Burgey for quite some time now

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, no - I was just meaning that saying an as-if-positive then adding "Full-stop. Not" on the end is very much a 1990s-child fad. At least, AFAIK. Never heard of anyone much back beyond my generation doing it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, no - I was just meaning that saying an as-if-positive then adding "Full-stop. Not" on the end is very much a 1990s-child fad. At least, AFAIK. Never heard of anyone much back beyond my generation doing it.
Let me get this right. You are suggesting that saying "Not" at the end of a sentance is a '1990s-child fad'?

Does that mean someone born in the 90s? or someone a kid in the 90s?

Given "Not!" got big after Waynes World in 1992 and then got old pretty quickly the people that will have used it the most will be now in their late 20s to late 30s.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Let me get this right. You are suggesting that saying "Not" at the end of a sentance is a '1990s-child fad'?

Does that mean someone born in the 90s? or someone a kid in the 90s?

Given "Not!" got big after Waynes World in 1992 and then got old pretty quickly the people that will have used it the most will be now in their late 20s to late 30s.
I mean people who could broadly be classified as "90s kids". I'm certainly one of them; I'd say you could just about stretch to a year or two after me (1985) and would probably date back 4-5 years from me.

So, in short, someone born somewhere 1980-1987.

Someone who'd count Playbus (and would remember Playbus before it became Playdays) as one of their earliest TV memories; someone who'd remember the original MMPR and might well count it as a favourite; and someone who very probably knows who Mr Motivator was.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well a) it's a tired subject and b) it was started by some idiot whose every post is pretty useless.

mobilemen

Cricket Spectator
sure ,why not

Bangladesh can improve their skills by playing test match.

Alok kapali is one of the best batsman , they also have habibul bashar.

they can help team in bad situations

bangladesh is a good cricket team:cool:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
lol Precam.

Does anyone know the schedule for the West Indies tour of Bangladesh? Mainly interested in Test Match dates..

jashan83

U19 Captain
IMO ICC should remove the Test Status with being a full member of ICC. Also the teams should not be forced to play Test Cricket against all full members. If Aus wants to play test only with England, India, South Africa, SL, WI, NZ then be it that way, but as a compromise to it it will have to host teams like BD, Zim, Ire, Afg, Neth against Aus A. However if Aus still wants to host BD for a Test Match (If both boards mutually agree) then they can definitely go ahead. It is mutual and not forced upon

Then teams like BD, Zim, Ireland, Afghanistan, Neth, Ken, Can, Scot, Nam, UAE can play Tests Amongst themselves as part of tours and also play 5 day games against A teams of Big 8. When a performance of a Team say Afghanistan starts coming good against the major 8, then the teams would definitely like to play against them.

This way the best format of the game would be preserved and there is a realistic chance that better teams have a chance to play tests and the Associate Team can also aspire to reach there.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
IMO ICC should remove the Test Status with being a full member of ICC. Also the teams should not be forced to play Test Cricket against all full members. If Aus wants to play test only with England, India, South Africa, SL, WI, NZ then be it that way, but as a compromise to it it will have to host teams like BD, Zim, Ire, Afg, Neth against Aus A. However if Aus still wants to host BD for a Test Match (If both boards mutually agree) then they can definitely go ahead. It is mutual and not forced upon

Then teams like BD, Zim, Ireland, Afghanistan, Neth, Ken, Can, Scot, Nam, UAE can play Tests Amongst themselves as part of tours and also play 5 day games against A teams of Big 8. When a performance of a Team say Afghanistan starts coming good against the major 8, then the teams would definitely like to play against them.

This way the best format of the game would be preserved and there is a realistic chance that better teams have a chance to play tests and the Associate Team can also aspire to reach there.
I don't think they are forced right now. Australia out right refuses to play Bangers as far as I know.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1st test to start from Nov 13 and 2nd Test at a recently approved new venue (Khulna) from Nov 21.
Thanks mate.

Is Mortaza and Shahadat fit? if so, I reckon Bangladesh should stack their batting by including the 9 best batsman in the country and the two quicks.

Shakib, Nasir, Mahmudullah can all bowl a stack of overs.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks mate.

Is Mortaza and Shahadat fit? if so, I reckon Bangladesh should stack their batting by including the 9 best batsman in the country and the two quicks.

Shakib, Nasir, Mahmudullah can all bowl a stack of overs.
Why Shahadat. Hasn't he jumped the shark.