• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you like Andrew Symonds?

Do you like Andrew Symonds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Really What is the difference between him and KP ? If KP played for Australia and displayed the same ****iness, he would be called the worst bloke.

Symonds has had some silly bickerings in the middle and not all of those were his fault, (Remember the Harbhajan row was not of his making, it was Hayden, Clarke and Ponting who took the issue to another level).

I would love Symonds to play for India in place of Sreesanth and Harbhajan.
No, KP isn't flagrantly promoting his boganism in TV ads that I am forced to watch.

Symonds' ****iness doesn't bother me btw. You realise Akhtar is one of my favourite players ever right?

****iness/arrogance has never been an issue for me as a sports fan. Along with Shoaib I'm a fan of Warne, Yuvraj, KP, Ganguly who are all ****y dicks.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, KP isn't flagrantly promoting his boganism in TV ads that I am forced to watch.
That's actually one interesting point where the fact that you're Australian, while not an Australia-team supporter, makes an impact. You get ground realities regardless of who you support.

PS - damn sunilreddys!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I would love someone like him to play for Team India.
Would be a logistical nightmare, due to the fact that it would be physically impossible to have Symonds, Harbhajan and HRH Lord Snooty in the same touring party. There's no transportation machine on the planet that's big enough to hold all three of their heads.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Would be a logistical nightmare, due to the fact that it would be physically impossible to have Symonds, Harbhajan and HRH Lord Snooty in the same touring party. There's no transportation machine on the planet that's big enough to hold all three of their heads.
Are you referring to their dreadlocks and turban? :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
No, KP isn't flagrantly promoting his boganism in TV ads that I am forced to watch..
So Bogan TV ads are the reason why you hate him ? You should make a trip to India and see the kind of cheap stuff our Cricketing Gods have been selling us. No reason to dislike the players.

Anyways - I dont believe Symonds and KP are that much different on/off the cricket field.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So Bogan TV ads are the reason why you hate him ? You should make a trip to India and see the kind of cheap stuff our Cricketing Gods have been selling us. No reason to dislike the players.

Anyways - I dont believe Symonds and KP are that much different on/off the cricket field.
Firstly, I've seen all the ads, or at least a lot of them on Star Cricket here in Singapore.

You just don't get it really. He's an A-grade wanker. Did you read the transcript of him in Sydney? Doesn't believe in opposition players congratulating each other, because its 'war'. He's a ****head and I hope a ton of bricks falls on his groin.

Sanz, why are you telling me who I don't like or why I don't like them? You can't claim its because he's Australian, because I liked Warne, who was an even bigger loud mouth.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Firstly, I've seen all the ads, or at least a lot of them on Star Cricket here in Singapore.

You just don't get it really. He's an A-grade wanker. Did you read the transcript of him in Sydney? Doesn't believe in opposition players congratulating each other, because its 'war'. He's a ****head and I hope a ton of bricks falls on his groin.

Sanz, why are you telling me who I don't like or why I don't like them? You can't claim its because he's Australian, because I liked Warne, who was an even bigger loud mouth.
What has gotten into you these days ? You appear to be so aggressive now a days when I am being so nice to you.

Anyways - I am not telling you to like or dislike anyone was just trying to know the reason for your immense Symonds hate.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He could, had he made different choices, have been an established England player for donkey's years by now - instead he chose the infinitely harder path to international stardom via the Australian route - I don't much care for the bloke but he has my respect

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
As I said in the champions trophy thread I don't like him because of this kind of arrogance he has.

And I don't mean I don't like arrogant cricketers, I think Warne was great. That's a different kind of arrogance to me somehow... more respectful.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nowt but a Judas; **** him.

Nah, he's an amazing athlete, obviously & an extremely handy cricketer, especially in the abbreviated forms of the sport, but doesn't strike one as one of life's deepest thinkers. Suspect if he were a bricklayer or plumber who played Grade at the weekends his personality would be exactly the same. You can take the boy out of Townsville...

He has made rather a better go of tests than I imagined tho, so kudos to him for that.

pskov

International 12th Man
A fantastic limited overs cricketer and a decent Test player, but the whole incident with Harbhajan incident really soured me on him (and Bhaji too).

haroon510

International 12th Man
i like him he is an aggrassive batsman and the type that i love to watch... certainly i will pick him over dravid, kallis and afew others..

Chubb

International Regular
I respect his abilities but I don't like him. His attitude sums up a lot of the things wrong with cricket right now, in my opinion- and that's not targeted at Australia, because it's a problem across the world. What is wrong with behaving respectfully towards your opponents, and acting like a champion?

He seems to be able to give it out but not take it- and I'm not referring to the racial incidents here, but rather to his reaction to Ed Smith's diary of the 2003 season, in which Smith pokes a little fun at him, whilst not transgressing the bounds of a team relationship, and making it very clear that he respects and admires his ability. Symonds' reaction was to refuse to obey Smith's instructions when he was stand-in captain during a game in 2004, leading to Smith being more or less forced out of the county he had played for, and dreamed of playing for, his entire life. That strikes me as quite despicable.