• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Asia Cup

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
^ i really dont understand how can IPL be more popular then the national team? dont you guys have any national pride any more?
We all have national pride at every scene, but when you have so many tournaments scheduled for your team, you wonder, is it national pride you're playing for, or money, TRPs, cricket ratings and other credits? There's no real pride in winning mere exhibition tournaments- they have to win the ones that count- the World Cup, the Champions' Trophy and any event in Australia, South Africa and New Zealand- of course, that's from an Indian angle.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe the selectors would neglect Shahriah Nafees. He averages about 300 against Minnows ffs. Wasn't that long ago he was carting Ireland around.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't believe the selectors would neglect Shahriah Nafees. He averages about 300 against Minnows ffs. Wasn't that long ago he was carting Ireland around.
Indeed.

He has been in poor form since the 2007 World Cup, but the fact that he is a very good batsman should count in his favour. Nazimuddin has a List A average of 25, nowhere near the same class.

Craig

World Traveller
Can't believe Hong Kong have ODI status for this tournament. If Brendon McCullum ever gets to play against these jokers batting first on a good wicket, I think he might have a field day. Same applies to the UAE as well.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been quite impressed with the Hong Kong bowlers to be honest. Irfan, especxially had a lot of accuracy and got good swing - he got up to 130kph too, so isn't slow.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe Hong Kong have ODI status for this tournament. If Brendon McCullum ever gets to play against these jokers batting first on a good wicket, I think he might have a field day. Same applies to the UAE as well.
Don't you know ODI ststus does nopt mean **** all in the grander scheme of things:laugh: At best it is a statisitical issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pakistan are so weird. They can lose to Ireland and perhaps Hong Kong, but then also beat the best countries the next day.

India are similar, but not to the degree Pakistan!

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistanis are 7 / 161. Guess what, even with 161, Hong Kong will have not much chance against Tanvir, Gul and Ifthikar

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pakistanis are 7 / 161. Guess what, even with 161, Hong Kong will have not much chance against Tanvir, Gul and Ifthikar
Hong Kong are not favorites by far, but with a sub-200 total, it just takes one innings or a couple drops to give them a real chance.

jammay123

State 12th Man
i dont think right now its about who wins because HK never had a chance it just shows how bad pakistan really are and how they depend on two batsmen and when they fail pakistan fail.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Pakistan cricket team is so dire, it's so frustrating because they have the talent and ability yet they still play like ****. Most annoying team in the world, even Bangers is getting on with business (182/2)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hate Pakistan, piss me off so much. No idea how Pakistani fans deal with this.

At least with NZ fans I imagine they know what they're going to get, and sort of learn to expect making 450 in the first innings and then 125 in the second or something.

But seriously, I just don't get Pakistan anymore. Its gotten ridiculous now.