• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Asia Cup

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha I know, they have SLA after SLA.

Reckon vic_orthdox is going to come into the attack next.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
UAE have one of the ugliest uniforms ever btw.

Hong Kong keeper looks cool. Reminds me of Taylor from Zimbabwe. Odd white wicket keeper in a red uniform. The similarities are endless :ph34r:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The Pakistan cricket team is so dire, it's so frustrating because they have the talent and ability yet they still play like ****. Most annoying team in the world, even Bangers is getting on with business (182/2)
Recklesness I suppose...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder, are UAE going in with eight part-timers masquerading as bowlers? That's a rather weak attack! They seem loaded with a bits-and-pieces brigade. Totally forgot about the stronger group. Good show by Ashraful and Raqibul here.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder, are UAE going in with eight part-timers masquerading as bowlers? That's a rather weak attack! They seem loaded with a bits-and-pieces brigade. Totally forgot about the stronger group. Good show by Ashraful and Raqibul here.
One wonders...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
No, I m not .... I m just posting meaningless one-liners w/o having a clue to kill my time.
That's what I thought . :ph34r:

yeah, why would a tournament that been held since 1984 and which involves top cricket playing countries of a continent be important 8-)

So what are the Asia Cup Moments of History ? Top playing countries from continent means nothing because that mean only 3.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very pleased with how Raqibul has been continuing to develop at ODI level. I thought he may have been pushed into the mix a little early, but he's handling it well so far.

ret

International Debutant
That's what I thought . :ph34r:
that what happens when you judge ppl with your kind of IQ

So what are the Asia Cup Moments of History ? Top playing countries from continent means nothing because that mean only 3.
'only 3' is a dumb thing to say as most regular ODI tournaments are tri-series :laugh:

and Asia Cup has 4 test playing nations, thats roughly 40% of the total .... anyone who knows abt numbers would know what that means .... and it's been taking place regularly and has some history attached to it

and I m saying that it probably ranks after WC and CT in ODIs, which i guess is self-explanatory .... don't know why someone has to Q that 8-)

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
that what happens when you judge ppl with your kind of IQ
Go on attacking me, first step of losing the argument.

'only 3' is a dumb thing to say as most regular ODI tournaments are tri-series
And we do not call those tri-series as TOP ODI series. Because with that logic, Tri Series in England/Australia have a much better history than Asia Cup.

and Asia Cup has 4 test playing nations, thats roughly 40% of the total .... anyone who knows abt numbers would know what that means .... and it's been taking place regularly and has some history attached to it. But we do not call them great Tournaments, do we ?
Only two Asia cups had BD as Test nation. And no, it hasn't been taking place regularly as it was supposed to. Besides, could you share some piece of Asia Cup History for the benefit of us ?

and I m saying that it probably ranks after WC and CT in ODIs, which i guess is self-explanatory .... don't know why someone has to Q that 8-)
CT is a useless tournament and Asia Cup is even more useless.

ret

International Debutant

And we do not call those tri-series as TOP ODI series. Because with that logic, Tri Series in England/Australia have a much better history than Asia Cup.

Only two Asia cups had BD as Test nation. And no, it hasn't been taking place regularly as it was supposed to. Besides, could you share some piece of Asia Cup History for the benefit of us ?

irrelevant post .... if its useless why are you following this thread 8-)

and i will again post what i said earlier, you will understand it if you know what 'probably' means

"and I m saying that it probably ranks after WC and CT in ODIs, which i guess is self-explanatory .... don't know why someone has to Q that"

PS for me it ranks after WC and CT .... if you don't agree with that then who cares

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sanz mate, you'd be better off just ignoring ret as it's plain to see he'd rather insult people than discuss cricket. :)

StumpMic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sri Lanka has also struggled after their legends played their last and don't look a top team anymore- in fact, they're a one-bowler team more than ever now.
Which one bowler? Do you mean Murali or Vaas or dilhara or maybe even Thushara:

Arjun said:
Maharoof is out of the Asia Cup. His replacement, though a problem case, is quite effective on his day.
And then there's Ajantha Mendis and Sanath Jayasuriya even.

ret

International Debutant
Sanz mate, you'd be better off just ignoring ret as it's plain to see he'd rather insult people than discuss cricket. :)

isn't it obvious that why I rank Asia Cup highly

1. It involves 4 test playing teams
2. has been held since 1984 and has history [doesn't mean that other tourneys don't have a history or can't have a longer history] .... by that logic, i would not have rated CT, which is a comparatively new tourney, higher than Asia Cup
3, held regularly [doesn't mean that it has to be held every other year or so, by regularly it is implied that whatever the timeframe, its been held since 1984]

i have already stated my reasons and they are all self-explanatory

his post

Originally Posted by Sanz
1. Clearly, doesn't seem to get the obvious

2. Ignores the fact that I rated CT, which is a comparatively newer tourney, higher than the Asia Cup

3. if only two Asia Cup has BD as a test nation, doesn't imply that its not evolved into a 4 test nation tourney .... on timeframe, as i said by regularly, it doesn't imply that it has to be held every x number of years [though i would prefer every 4 years] .... on history, for the zillionth time 'since 1984' if it means anything

4. an irrelevant personal opinion .... and i have no time to find out why he thinks that

as i said, everything that he asked is self-explanatory .... if you think that I insult ppl than discussing cricket than so be