• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Asia Cup

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Personally, I think if we had lesser tri series crap involving Ind,Pak,SL or Bang, and lesser bilateral series between any 2 out of these 4 teams, Asia Cup would have real big value as a tournament, better than whatever prestige it has right now.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh are a fantastic chance of winning this match.

If Mortaza strikes early, Sri Lanka don't really have much past the top 3 of Sanath, Sangakara and Mahela.

Bangladesh FTW with oh 4 overs to spare.

biased indian

International Coach
Hmm looking for big score from one batsmen....

you don't always get chance like this..hope sehwag will cash in on...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah they had Pakistan 7/161 until Tanvir did well and made a 100 run partnership with someone else not sure who.

I'm pretty annoyed with the Bangladesh team, Sri Lanka 0/80 from 10 overs, Dolar Mahmud is dire.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Razzaq finally gets Sanath out. But the damage has been done.

Gotta say Razzaq is quality 100 ODI wickets at just on 25, I know lots of wickets are against developing nations, but still a good effort.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't count mid to high 300's out just yet. Seeing as Hong Kong are going to struggle badly to find bowlers to fill up the 50 and having Dhoni, Uthappa, Chawla, Gony and Pravs go wild might be cool.

Great effort by Najeeb Amar to go 2/40 from his 10.

duffer

Okay, now we're talking, 38 from the last 3 overs. 294 with 7 overs to go, would love to see Raina ton up big here.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully, this game is useful for the Indian batsmen to play themselves into form.

duffer

Yep, and a maiden ton for Raina, hope he can do it against Pakistan and Lanka.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Would like to see Raina against the better sides before jumping to conclusions but the guy has heaps of talent and this is a good start, no matter how bad Hong Kong maybe.

That said, I think it is time we dropped Uthappa and got someone in like Badrinath. He is not a bad guy at the end as he has shown in the IPL and ideally, I would like to see this as our side for the main matches:

Sachin
Gambhir
Rohit Sharma
Yuvraj Singh
Dhoni
Raina/Badrinath
Yousuf Pathan
Irfan Pathan
Praveen Kumar
Piyush Chawla
Ishant Sharma

With Sree, RP, Sehwag on the bench.

Both Raina and Badri have shown that they can up the ante at the slog if that is what is needed and I trust both of them a lot more than Uthappa on a tricky wicket walking in at a crisis moment.

duffer

Still don't get why they sent Uthappa in ahead of Yusuf in a situation like this. But I can't complain, nothing match and he's done okay turning it over to Dhoni whenever he can.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Making your maiden century against Hong Kong, it's what dreams are made of. :dry:

Still 4/374 is a big score, if Sharma batted better 400 would have been a possibility.

As Duffer said Amar did well, Dar was decent too. The others got smashed.

I reckon Hong Kong will struggle to score more than 124 [therefore a loss of 250].