• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I love Australia. How ridiculous is our depth?
Would be even better if they dropped Hopes itbt.

Code:
Batting: 
JR Hopes 	5  	4  	1  	44  	18  	14.66  	38  	115.78  	
SR Watson  	5  	5  	0  	206  	126  	41.20  	214  	96.26
Code:
Bowling:
JR Hopes  	5  	4  	26.0  	3  	119  	2  	1/19  	59.50  	4.57  	78.0
SR Watson  	5  	5  	27.0  	1  	119  	6  	2/22  	19.83  	4.40  	27.0
MJ Clarke  	5  	5  	24.0  	1  	106  	6  	3/26  	17.66  	4.41  	24.0
A Symonds  	3  	2  	14.0  	0  	65  	4  	2/23  	16.25  	4.64  	21.0
He probably would've scored more runs if he had a chance to open, but he bowled one over less than Watson, 2 more than Clarke and 12 more than Symonds yet they all bowled better than he did imo.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I agree that Hopes has not had the best series. If he is going to bat at 8, why waste the space? You might as well got a bowling allrounder such as Ashley Noffke or a out and out bowler like Doug Bollinger.

Craig

World Traveller
FFS Australia, just because you gave us Mathew Sinclair and to a lesser extent Scott Styris, you could of given us luke Ronchi in return :ph34r: :p

OT has anybody seen Andre Fletcher's Cricinfo profile photo? Deadset looks like he has been smoking drugs given that eyes look red.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Tell me more about Fletcher- I've only heard of him recently- dropping catches. And I still don't know what Xavier Marshall can do with that batting average of nine.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tell me more about Fletcher- I've only heard of him recently- dropping catches. And I still don't know what Xavier Marshall can do with that batting average of nine.
Marshall's a better batsman than a batting average of 9. He's been playing the entire series with a shoulder injury, is still very inexperienced, and got a couple of good balls from Lee early on. Anyone who watched the kid bat in the Tests knows he has the goods. The lack of domestic cricket in WI is a concern though. Hopefully he can get fit and in form for the matches in Canada in August, as it will be some level of batting exposure, which is necessary.

Marshall >>> Fletcher. Fletcher has talent, but seems so so lazy.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone read that article I linked to?
Yep. And it was a good piece. Dyson certainly seems to know his brief and to have IDed the problems as he sees them. Let's hope he gets the backing to do it.
Whats more, let's hope the media aren't too hard on him too soon, so he keeps being as open and honest as he was in that PC - you don't always get that in pro sports.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Problems are obvious, he's just saying why they're obvious and confirmign what most fans knew all along. Players are set in their ways and expect different results from doing the same things.

brockley

International Captain
Must be noted hopes at no 8 is taking the place of a spinner,a spinner james
hopes is not.
Would rather a spinner than a noffke,we really missed a spinner in the 4th game.