• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your top ten ONE-DAY INTERNATIONAL batsmen of all-time

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Final Top 20 List:

1 Richards 227
2 Tendulkar 215
3 Bevan 160
4 Ponting 129
5 Gilchrist 96
6 Jayasuriya 82
7 Jones 77
8 Lara 74
9 M. Waugh 68
10 Inzamam 53
11 Ganguly 44
12 Zaheer Abbas 41
13 Saeed Anwar 39
14 Miandad 13
= Greenidge 13
16 Hayden 12
= De Silva 12
18 Symonds 8
= Klusener 8
20 C. Cairns 7
= Crowe 7
= Haynes 7

Bevan has snuck passed Ponting for a top 3 placing.

If we do this again in a few years, I wonder if Tendulkar will sneak past Richards.

And I wonder if Hussey will be in the top 10?
First VII:

1. ST Jayasuria
  2. AC Gilchrist+
  3. IVA Richards
  4. SR Tendulkar
  5. RT Ponting
  6. MG Bevan
  7. DM Jones

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
1 S. Tendulkar
2 V. Richards
3 R. Ponting
4 A. Gilchrist
5 B. Lara
6 S. Anwar
7 A. Symonds
8 M. Hayden
9 H. Gibbs
10 M. Waugh

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
After all the digging I did these past days I've come to really appreciate Tendulkar's ODI record. After all that discourse about Gilchrist and WCs, I feel Tendulkar is still superior now that I've seen it more clearer.

GGG

State Captain
I can't believe hardly anyone has Glenn Turner on their list, the chip over the infield pioneer had a ODI average of 47 and for the day a excellent strike rate of 68.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Top 10 list (in no particular order)

Saeed Anwar
Sachin Tendulkar
Sanath Jayasuriya
Inzamam ul Haq
Sir Viv Richards
Ricky Ponting
Mark Waugh
Michael Bevan
Aravinda De Silva
Herschelle Gibbs

Precambrian

Banned
. I've stopped buying just how Indian cricketers have so so so much pressure and no one else does. I agree, their fans are unreasonable and place a lot of pressure on them. But so do other countries, and that seems not to be respected at all.

Do they burn houses and pour tar oil on close relatives of the players when the team loses in the WC?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After all the digging I did these past days I've come to really appreciate Tendulkar's ODI record. After all that discourse about Gilchrist and WCs, I feel Tendulkar is still superior now that I've seen it more clearer.
:)