• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
while we're here we may as well make smitteh the subject of a long-term bet.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Just for Grecian.

Ben Stokes to play 80+ tests for England. Score 8+ test centuries. Take 140+ wickets. And have better stats than Flintoff in test cricket.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If Tom Latham is selected as an opener in test match cricket he will be averaging >40 after 15 tests. His career average will be >40.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Take me on then! :)
Fine its a bet. Opening the batting and averaging 40 would be an incredible performance - and right now I question his big game temperament. He will get accustomed to International cricket eventually but right now he is overwhelmed by the atmosphere.

Flem274*

123/5
You're having a laugh if you think he'l be averaging 40 after that many tests. I don't think he even averages that for NZ A, and a cynic would say he's progressed further and faster than someone like Craig Cachopa or Jeet Raval (who both have better stats and in Ravals case, are just better) because of his last name.

Good luck to him though, because we need more than KW in the generation below Taylor, Jesse and McCullum.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Fine its a bet. Opening the batting and averaging 40 would be an incredible performance - and right now I question his big game temperament. He will get accustomed to International cricket eventually but right now he is overwhelmed by the atmosphere.
cool. We'll see.

You're having a laugh if you think he'l be averaging 40 after that many tests. I don't think he even averages that for NZ A, and a cynic would say he's progressed further and faster than someone like Craig Cachopa or Jeet Raval (who both have better stats and in Ravals case, are just better) because of his last name.

Good luck to him though, because we need more than KW in the generation below Taylor, Jesse and McCullum.
Already in the bet with Albi now but it will be good to deliver the tasting.