• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar and Asif in the news again

FRAZ

International Captain
Proper investigation should have been conducted because no body hits other for no reason tbh !!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What did he say?
What did he tell him to do??
Read this awesome interview with Asif

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/306244.html

In only his fourth first-class game in 2001, he bowled alongside Shoaib Akhtar, and though awestruck enough to not ask for tips, he wasn't intimidated. "I was bowling and had a longer run-up then. Our over-rate was slow, so Shoaib bhai says, 'Hurry up, bowl quickly.' I worried and bowled one over quickly, but he said that's still too slow, get quicker. He was coming from such a long run-up, he thought he could save time by getting me to cut my run. Eventually I said, 'Shoaib bhai, bowl yourself. I can't do this.'"
Apologies. I thought Shoaib did that in Asif's Sydney debut. Anyway, still a dickhead move for Shoaib (who I'll always be a huge fan of, despite his dickheadedness) to say such a thing to an up-and-coming fast bowler.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Read this awesome interview with Asif

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/306244.html

Apologies. I thought Shoaib did that in Asif's Sydney debut. Anyway, still a dickhead move for Shoaib (who I'll always be a huge fan of, despite his dickheadedness) to say such a thing to an up-and-coming fast bowler.
Look there was time when Akthar and Asif were good friends and them taking the same banned drug and getting caught at the same time proves that to some extent, but Akthar is an ego-maniac and he doesn't respect anyone and he will always be a bad influence on junior and senior players of his team.
All in all i don't think he deserves to be an international player but PCB has time and again been too lenient and that has spoilt this brat even more, frankly speaking not only is he a disgrace to Pakistan cricket but he is also a disgrace to the great game of cricket.

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'd be more inclined to chuck Afridi out of the team, if sources are correct as to him being the instigator.

Xuhaib

International Coach
http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/303b19022816233b/id/280340/cs/1/

Drunken Shoaib misbehaved with females, claim an eyewitness
Malaysia Sun
Saturday 8th September, 2007
(ANI)

Karachi, Sep 8 : Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar allegedly misbehaved with a few females in Nairobi, Kenya, when completely drunk, claims Shabbir Ahmed, the Chairman of the Pakistan Bedwear Export Association.

"He (Shoaib) behaved very inappropriately in Nairobi," The News quoted Shabbir, who was a part of a delegation of Pakistani businessmen visiting the Kenyan capital, as saying.

"I was staying at the Hilton, the official hotel of the Pakistan team, and not once did I see Shoaib behaving in a sober manner. The man is a disgrace for Pakistan cricket," he added.

Shabbir said that when he tried to complain about Shoaib's behaviour to Pakistan's new coach Geoff Lawson, the former Australian Test pacer just shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know why we put up with players like Shoaib Akhtar. He is supposed to be an ambassador of Pakistan, but behaves as if he has been given a license to bring a bad name for the country abroad," he said

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha....Shoaib losing it completley.

pup11

International Coach
Shoaib is holding a press conference right now and he is taking apart Afridi and Shabbir Ahmed. He has also said media is to be blamed for destroying his career and "he would feel sad if his team loses in the T20 WC due to his absence". :lol:
Oh god Akthar is such a dickhead.

pup11

International Coach
Shoaib has also said that there have been fights within the team in the past to between Afridi and Younis, Yousuf and Inzi and many others, but since those incidents were not leaked none of those players were banned.
Does Akthar consider himself to be a saint?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there was a soap opera/sitcom/reality TV program involving Pakistan's cricket team I'd be mightily tempted to watch it

Xuhaib

International Coach
Just saw a bit from the press conference,he said Afridi cracked a joke about his family Akhtar got ****** off and Asif tried to break them up, and Shoaib ended up hitting Asif accidently