• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know you are obsessed with cricket when...

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Read from the first post and loved each and everyone of them as I do most of them as well. Gun thread.

And to add on,

2. when you get scolded by each and everyone around you that cricket is going to ruin your life and your career :)
3. when you start a fantasy competition in paper in your college since most of your friends were not willing to pay and play it in cricinfo and update the scores for all players after every match manually

Can say a lot more but it might tend to look like boasting so will stop here..

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
You know you're obsessed with cricket when you make your hot date wait in the car just to watch Kumble score his maiden ton. :ph34r:
Yeah this didn't actually last.

You know you're obsessed when there are holes to cover up with process drawings in a coworker's office wall because a few assholes made sure nobody would play cricket in your country for years to come.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know you are obsessed with cricket when you get up at 4am to watch a series you know you are likely to lose before it even starts. Will still get up for the 4th test even if we are 3-0 down if only to try and spot my dad in the crowd.

jan

State Vice-Captain
You know you are obsessed with cricket when your son learns the english word "bowler" earlier than "tangerine" in his first language.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You know you're obsessed with cricket when a Sky commentator mentions a Test match player who retired thirty years ago, and you remember his Cricketweb all time rank, and why you trashed him because of his stats against non-minnows.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
When you agree to be the mascot for your provincial cricket team, which involves dressing up in a spandex one-piece suit and showing occasional dashes of speed.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
So it's obvious that many of us actually practice our shots in front of the mirror, in elevators, open spaces in public, in the shower, etc.

But how many of you actually make that "knock" sound from your mouth when playing the shot. I have to do it, or else it doesn't feel like a proper shot or that I've hit the imaginary ball firmly enough.

And after every "knock" sound, I usually follow it up by saying "shot" in accents ranging from British to Indian to Australian (which, sadly enough, comes out similar to my British one, except with the addition of "mate") to West Indian (this one actually comes out quite good).

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, it's pretty awkward when you randomly feel the urge to imitate Akmal and say, "Bowwwwwwling, Danish bhaiiiii."

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So it's obvious that many of us actually practice our shots in front of the mirror, in elevators, open spaces in public, in the shower, etc.

But how many of you actually make that "knock" sound from your mouth when playing the shot. I have to do it, or else it doesn't feel like a proper shot or that I've hit the imaginary ball firmly enough.
Do that all the time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You know you're obsessed with cricket when you are working and then have a dinner you can't get out of during the whole day's play of India vs. England, and instead of watching the highlights, you record the whole day's play and watch every ball later that night.

Have rocked up to work with red eyes and most people think I had a late one on the piss for Thursday night drinks after dinner. Am choosing not to correct them by saying I stayed up and watched the cricket on delay.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When you burp, you point your finger up like the umpires do when a dismissal occurs.