• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
RSA to beat India 2-1

India to beat Ireland

India to beat Pakistan at Glasgow

India to beat England 2-1 in Tests

India to beat England 5-2 in the ODIs

Yes I can't help but be optimistic, that's just how I am. IMO there is no point in watching your team play if you don't have the belief and faith in them. But really that is how I feel things will go. :)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
RSA to beat India 2-1

India to beat Ireland

India to beat Pakistan at Glasgow

India to beat England 2-1 in Tests

India to beat England 5-2 in the ODIs

Yes I can't help but be optimistic, that's just how I am. IMO there is no point in watching your team play if you don't have the belief and faith in them. But really that is how I feel things will go. :)
Same here. I was convinced India would win the World Cup :laugh:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Same here. I was convinced India would win the World Cup :laugh:
LOL man don't even remind me of the WC, I don't think you were here, but if you go check the WC archives you'll find out that I got owned, and I got owned hard.

I put so much so much faith in them and I got owned by like half of CW, you'll have to see it to know what I am talking about. Worst times :laugh: .

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL man don't even remind me of the WC, I don't think you were here, but if you go check the WC archives you'll find out that I got owned, and I got owned hard.

I put so much so much faith in them and I got owned by like half of CW, you'll have to see it to know what I am talking about. Worst times :laugh: .
Don't worry, you have a fellow blind (figuratively) Indian fan here now.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Even though I stated otherwise in my squad list, I think either, Sehwag, Uthappa or Gambhir should be in the Test squad as a reserve opener in case either Karthik or Jaffer gets injured.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ODI - Ireland v India
Saturday, June 23 - Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast

1st ODI - India v South Africa
Tuesday, June 26 - Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast

2nd ODI - India v South Africa
Friday, June 29 - Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast

3rd ODI - India v South Africa
Sunday, July 1 - Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast

ODI - India v Pakistan
Tuesday, July 3 - Titwood, Glasgow

Warm-up - Sussex v Indians
Saturday:Tuesday, July 7:10 - County Ground, Hove

Warm-up - England A v Indians
Friday:Sunday, July 13:15 - County Ground, Chelmsford

1st Test - England v India
Thursday:Monday, July 19:23 - Lord's, London

2nd Test - England v India
Friday:Tuesday, July 27:31 - Trent Bridge, Nottingham

3rd Test - England v India
Thursday:Monday, July 9:13 - Kennington Oval, London

ODI - Scotland v India
Thursday, July 16 - Titwood, Glasgow

Warm-up - England A v Indians
Saturday, July 18 - County Ground, Northampton

1st ODI - England v India
Tuesday, July 21 - The Rose Bowl, Southampton

2nd ODI - England v India
Friday, July 24 - County Ground, Bristol

3rd ODI - England v India
Monday, July 27 - Edgbaston, Birmingham

4th ODI - England v India
Thursday, July 30 - Old Trafford, Manchester

5th ODI - England v India
Sunday, September 2 - Headingley, Leeds

6th ODI - England v India
Wednesday, September 5 - Kennington Oval, London

7th ODI - England v India
Saturday, September 8 - Lord's, London

Predictions? Squads? Discussion?

Do you reckon India could sneak in some more ODIs somewhere...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you reckon India could sneak in some more ODIs somewhere...
Not quite ODIs but twenty20s.

Thu 13 September: 7th Match, Group D - India v Scotland
Kingsmead, Durban

Fri 14 September: 10th Match, Group D - India v Pakistan
Kingsmead, Durban

But then a 3 1/2 month break till:

Wed 26 - Sun 30 December: 1st Test - Australia v India
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Even though I stated otherwise in my squad list, I think either, Sehwag, Uthappa or Gambhir should be in the Test squad as a reserve opener in case either Karthik or Jaffer gets injured.
Gambhir? Certainly, he has earned it. Sehwag? On past record but not on current form. Uthappa? You don't hand out a test debut in England to someone whose temperament is being questioned in one-day cricket.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, I think they must take one of the three to England or risk having to open with Dravid in the event of an injury to Jaffer or Karthik.

EDIT: Having thought about it more, I believe it would be best to take Gambhir since he has the proven first class record and has done OK in the tests he has played so far.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I really hope both England and India employ a squad rotation system for the series so that the matches are not all with the same players and so the players do not get burned out or injured before the twenty20 world cup.

In reality, I support both England and India but I will be an India fan in this series since I am an India fan at heart and it will be good to support a different team than all my friends.

EDIT: Onto the teams and the dilemnas for the India selectors.

My theory is that you cannot drive through the line in English conditions due to the movement so most runs must come off shocking deliveries. Consequently, Munaf Patel's deadly accuracy (as much as I hate him) must be included in the team to prevent any runs being conceded whatsoever off at least one bowler. Kumble's accuracy and variations in pace will also be handy considering English batsman would have rarely played leg spinners in English cricket.

I don't think Chawla should play since English conditions will not help him massively. However, on the other hand, he bowls with a straight seam (like a pacer) spinning sideways. On English green pitches, this may extract turn at irregular intervals, I have never seen anything like it, so I don't know how it will react. Maybe he should be taken and tested in long spells in the nets. He could fill the all rounder role well, but is he too young.

I think Zaheer Khan (does anyone know stats for his stay at Worcestershire) must bowl since he has experience in England playing all over England for his county. He bowls good lines and really seems deadly with the new ball, in English conditions he could destroy batting line ups.

A key to India's victory should be to look at obvious weaknesses of batsman. Cook is a compulsive cutter, so you should attack the stumps at a full length against him and maybe someone like Sreesanth with pace and swing should give him the odd bit of width to let him try his luck. Kumble bowling tight lines should be able to shut up his scoring.

I believe India's batting should be very very cautious against England against anything which is a good ball or average ball. From Harmison and Plunkett, you will get more than a fair amount of rubbish bowling to dispatch and if Hoggard or especially Sidebottom stray on the pads, it could be runs galore for wristy Indian batsman.

Last edited:

Nishant

International 12th Man
In reality, I support both England and India but I will be an India fan in this series since I am an India fan at heart and it will be good to support a different team than all my friends.
I live in England as well...but i still support India...IMO, a person can only support one team. If they start supporting more than that, they cant really be called true supporters. In your case, u could support either india or england...but the good thing is that you chose one team and stuck with it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Not really, you can support good cricket. Frequently, my loyalties switch to the team that is playing cricket the way I like.