• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Records are least likely to be broken?

stumpski

International Captain
Wilfred Rhodes, 4,187 first-class wickets. Don't see anyone passing that in the near future.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
thats a good knock

Is this the only test double in a losing cause?
Quite a few actually. Included one Brian Charles Lara 3 times (nearly 4)

Code:
RT Ponting         242 
BC Lara            226 
NJ Astle           222
BC Lara            221
VT Trumper         214*
RG Pollock         209
PD Collingwood     206  
RN Harvey          205
GA Faulkner        204 
ML Hayden          203 
DL Amiss           203
BC Lara            202
L Hutton           202* 
SE Gregory         201
V Sehwag           201 
(Lara		   196)

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
YOusaf's 10 hudreds in one year is a pretty hard one to crack..it took 80 years for somone to score 8 hundreds in an year, then i took another 30 for somone to break that and better it by 2 more...i think 10 10's in an year would stand for alteast a decade

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
YOusaf's 10 hudreds in one year is a pretty hard one to crack..it took 80 years for somone to score 8 hundreds in an year, then i took another 30 for somone to break that and better it by 2 more...i think 10 10's in an year would stand for alteast a decade
I dont know about 10 10's, but 10 100's would take a bit of getting :cool:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Never, ever, ever. Will last for ever, no doubt whatsoever.
That's a very rash statement when considering that medical and genetic science will one day allow a man to have the body of a 25 year old for ever and no one will ever die of natural causes and all organs and bodys part will be able to be replaced artificially. A cricket career could last for an infinite amount of time so any record based on pure figures - not averages - could easily be broken many times over.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
That's a very rash statement when considering that medical and genetic science will one day allow a man to have the body of a 25 year old for ever and no one will ever die of natural causes and all organs and bodys part will be able to be replaced artificially. A cricket career could last for an infinite amount of time so any record based on pure figures - not averages - could easily be broken many times over.
Considering the fact that by that time, we will all have died from some natural cause or whatever. 4000 is a hell of a lot.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Some records that IMO wont be broken for long long time (ODIs) :-

Highest partnership for any wicket - 331 between Tendulkar & Dravid
Highest partnership for 10th Wicket - 106* between Richards & Holding
Highes No. of Centuries - 41 by Tendulkar
Most 5'ers in a match - 13 by Waqar.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
2.75, which I think is more impressive than the average, by itself. A century every 2.75 innings is past great and into the utterly ludicrous territory.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think we've missed the obvious one: it's stood since the very first innings of test cricket.

Charles Bannerman scored 165 of Australia's total of 245; giving him 67.3% of his team's total. A ratio still never bested. Scorecard from cricinfo.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nathan Astle's fastest Test 200? Its gonna take some effort to get that. Leads Sehwag by 29 balls.
Even harder would be beating his 2nd 100 in that 200. Took just 39 balls to get from 100 to 200. Fastest test century from 0 to 100 is 56 balls
Viv Richards already beat that. Got a century in 38 balls once.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was insane to listen to. Was listening to it on the radio in my car while breaking the speed limit to get home to watch it. Ofcourse, an over after i get home Astle knicks a wide Hoggard delivery behind. GUTTERED :-O
That night was the only night of the series that I lasted the entire day's play.

And how glad am I that I am?

Easily the most sensational Test-cricket I've ever witnessed and am ever likely to.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think we've missed the obvious one: it's stood since the very first innings of test cricket.

Charles Bannerman scored 165 of Australia's total of 245; giving him 67.3% of his team's total. A ratio still never bested. Scorecard from cricinfo.
DAMN you!!!!!!!!!! You JUST beat me to that-'un!!!!!!!!! :@

Mind, Slats came so, so close to disturbing it in 1998\99.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I hope I'm around for such a day. :happy: