Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Twenty20 Is Boring Society Thread

Yeah, but you guys like our soapies to, so I have to say your judgment is suss...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    *posts*

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shortpitched713 View Post
    Haha, 182 members? In that case I am pleased to mention that he is the only one on mine.
    182 was a random number, but I'd guess it's a massively larger number than anyone else who's ever used the forum. He talks more about ignore-lists than he talks sensibly about cricket.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Potentially less dire.
    Liam, this one was here first - Bennett just made the least original copycat movement ever...
    Ridiculous that I started this whole movement and I barely get any billing.
    I'm terribly sorry about that - but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Have any un-taken position you fancy - be it "Original Instigator" or whatever you so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Hands down, that has to be the most patronising thing you've ever written.
    You've clearly missed another 8,312...

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Cool, do I have the entire top 10 CW most patronising posts yet?

Look at most of the 'haters' - a huge proportion are from Australia or NZ, it's the new culture from there for the long-term cricket fans to hate Twenty20. It's almost a religion where you reinforce each others irrational opinions by agreeing with each other and then preach about it wherever possible. Hardly any English members here hate Twenty20, they've been able to judge the game without any predisposition because it was new at the time - so there were no other opinions formed about it to bias a judgement.
    And the English culture - As soon as you win anything you over exaggerate it to te point where it is very annoying labelling your team 100% better than any other util you are brought back ddown to earth. Sorry but I find it offensive to just label Australians and New Zealanders with saying what all of us do and what I wrote probably would do the same to you as what you said to us.

Back to the point, Yes Twenty20 is nice for a change every so often but should not be a regularity. Its just there for money making, I tried watching a game of Twenty20 of NZ against Sri Lanka and just thought to myself 'why the heck arnt we playing another test.' Its so predictable, bowl a ball, whack it, either get out or go to the boundary. Yes there have been close matches but I don't like the fact that its like the last 10 overs of an ODI I personally love the build up which quite often builds tension to the point where the batsman unleash.
    Last edited by Natman20; 14-02-2007 at 12:08 PM.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Natman20 View Post
    And the English culture - As soon as you win anything you over exaggerate it to te point where it is very annoying labelling your team 100% better than any other util you are brought back ddown to earth. Sorry but I find it offensive to just label Australians and New Zealanders with saying what all of us do and what I wrote probably would do the same to you as what you said to me.
    Don't remember too many Englishmen saying that we were the best cricket team in the world when we won the Ashes.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Look at most of the 'haters' - a huge proportion are from Australia or NZ, it's the new culture from there for the long-term cricket fans to hate Twenty20. It's almost a religion where you reinforce each others irrational opinions by agreeing with each other and then preach about it wherever possible. Hardly any English members here hate Twenty20, they've been able to judge the game without any predisposition because it was new at the time - so there were no other opinions formed about it to bias a judgement.
    Please shut up.

I'm not sure we have enough members tbh. Perhaps we should cut out 60% of our society's title to appeal to those with shorter concentration spans.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Perhaps we should cut out 60% of our society's title to appeal to those with shorter concentration spans.
    Those would be the Twenty20 fans?
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I find it hilarious and quite ironic that the biggest opponents of the Twenty20 game tend to be the ODI fans, considering the same exact criticism that they are shelling out applies also to their own format.

Face it, Twenty20 = ODI without the boredom.

If you want to watch skill, watch Tests. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the hit contest. The difference between the two hit contests are that one is over faster, has bigger and faster scores, and doesn't have the annoying middle period.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I find it hilarious and quite ironic that the biggest opponents of the Twenty20 game tend to be the ODI fans, considering the same exact criticism that they are shelling out applies also to their own format.

Face it, Twenty20 = ODI without the boredom.

If you want to watch skill, watch Tests. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the hit contest. The difference between the two hit contests are that one is over faster, has bigger and faster scores, and doesn't have the annoying middle period.
    Well said, agree 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey View Post
    Don't remember too many Englishmen saying that we were the best cricket team in the world when we won the Ashes.
    I don't know what you were reading, then, frankly.

Maybe not many on here might've said such a thing, but there were many saying it and still more quietly implying it. And given that we immidiately lost in Pakistan and drew at home to Sri Lanka, both terrible results, there was precisely no case whatsoever for suggesting so.

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    If you really do think that's "cool", I wonder why you bother to post, tbh.

First of all, Australians and New Zealanders are probably the largest group of members on CW, so it's hardly surprising if most of the "haters" - as you so poorly put it - are from that part of the world.

Secondly, I don't know where the hell you get off claiming that any of our opinions on Twenty20 are irrational. Most of us have given perfectly sound, extensively explained reasoning for our opinions, and your claims of irrationality most likely simply stem from the fact that we disagree with you. Coupled with your assertions that people who happen to agree with us are of below average intelligence and comparable to small children, I suggest it's you that is irrational.

Thirdly, our little society is a purely tongue-in-cheek thing - there is no conspiracy to agree with each other. It's you that is taking it too seriously. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by adharcric View Post
    Please shut up.
    Fat chance of that!

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information