• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Here is my final upload, I have retired from uploading. 2192 videos, thanks for watching them! You guys here on cricketweb were THE reason I started the channel in the first place, I owe you all many thanks!!!!

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Here is my final upload, I have retired from uploading. 2192 videos, thanks for watching them! You guys here on cricketweb were THE reason I started the channel in the first place, I owe you all many thanks!!!!
A sad, sad day for cricket lovers on youtube. But the effort you have put in for cricket fans without receiving reward has been incredible and highly appreciated. However it was unfortunate the people lacking a sense of humour and thieves plagued your channel. Many thanks to you Rob!

Midwinter

State Captain
A sad, sad day for cricket lovers on youtube. But the effort you have put in for cricket fans without receiving reward has been incredible and highly appreciated. However it was unfortunate the people lacking a sense of humour and thieves plagued your channel. Many thanks to you Rob!
I can only second what Max has said

Thanks Rob

robelinda

I have left the door slightly ajar......though I dont want to 'pull an Afridi' and retire multiple times!!!

uvelocity

International Coach
man theres some gold in that one. how can mitch johnson be so accurate when throwing. brendan julian calling him the master. getting run out by ab. first 3rd umpire decision

thanks heaps rob. hope you don't stop.

robelinda

Loved the leftie/righties vids, myself. 2000+ vids is a huge amount, well played sar.
From memory it was you and I chatting about Blewett that made me start uploading! I recall a conversation about the Aus A innings in 98/99 at Hobart, the brilliant 169* & 213*. I had to share them! Kinda escalated from there a bit.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorely missing Blewwy's 214 or footage of Troy Corbett's 4-fer against SA in the MM Cup final. But, y'know, I guess what's already up there is okay.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
With Rob (seemingly) calling it quits because of Indian channels making money off his videos, cricket on youtube is pretty much dead.

If you're reading this Rob, I just wanted to say thanks for all your video uploads; my friends and I have spend countless afternoons laughing at the trolling videos (not only those aimed at SA and India but also Australia) and admiring some of the amazing knocks which have been uploaded. The video which means the most to me is this (GREATEST RUN OUT OF ALL TIME - Greg Blewett Adelaide Oval 1999 - YouTube) because that is my earliest cricket memory, that I saw on TV when I was 8. I never thought I would see it again, but after discovering your channel I searched 'Greg Blewett run out' and there it was.

I do hope your change your mind and start uploading stuff again. But if not (which is completely understandable), thanks for your hard work. It hasn't been in vain.

robelinda

Funny, the ECB has decided they want to terminate every England video on my channel today, and are doing so. 61 videos in 8 hours terminated, a lot of people have tweeted the official ECB account, and they have been typically blunt in their responses. I doubt my channel will see light of tomorrow morning. :-(

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Funny, the ECB has decided they want to terminate every England video on my channel today, and are doing so. 61 videos in 8 hours terminated, a lot of people have tweeted the official ECB account, and they have been typically blunt in their responses. I doubt my channel will see light of tomorrow morning. :-(
You say "a lot of people have tweeted the official ECB account" but I'd reckon there will come a point where ECB will back down. Encourage twitter as much as possible.

BTW, I remember a user who used to upload Sri Lankan cricket videos citing a law which allowed short edited clips, which yours mainly are. Is this not applicable for you? I think it was called "Fair Use".

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
'Fair use' is an American thing mainly. In Australia and the UK, use of copyrighted material without full permission of the rights holder is restricted to specific purposes (research, news, etc.). Fairly certain it matters not at all how much you use of it.