• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
THE FIRST TIME ROSS EMERSON CALLED MURALI FOR THROWING!!! @ THE GABBA 95/96 - YouTube

Murali's leg break in this video looks quite pure. Which defies another famous video I saw of him with Ravi Shastri bowling in an arm brace where they claimed he has a birth defect where he can't straighten his elbow.
It's the illusion as has been mentioned ad nauseum. Some actions look worse than others - this actually shows that - so McGrath's action looks much more pure than it is while others look worse. You can see Murali's defect - everyone knows its there (even if you believe he chucks, his defect is a medical fact).

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It's the illusion as has been mentioned ad nauseum. Some actions look worse than others - this actually shows that - so McGrath's action looks much more pure than it is while others look worse. You can see Murali's defect - everyone knows its there (even if you believe he chucks, his defect is a medical fact).
I don't want to open up old wounds.
I was just pointing out there is no illusion with his leg spinner and his action looks perfect and you can't notice his defect.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I know you don't intend it but that reeks of confirmation bias to me. I can see his arm bent the same with both - it's stuck that way.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Anyone (rob?) got a video of a runout at the bowler's end from a drive that hits the bowler's hand? Want to illustrate it for a cricket ignorant, and not the sort of thing you can google easily.