• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Barney Rubble said:
I reckon Warwicks must have played Westwood with the plan being that he would open the batting, but then they changed their minds and said "ok, we don't want to mess up the order too much, so Carter and Westwood can just swap places". Bit odd, but the only explanation I can think of.
It's not even that - they always open with Carter for some reason.

Mind you I did promote him to 6 in my ICC game today, when he bashed an unbeaten 31 from 16 balls :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
It's not even that - they always open with Carter for some reason.

Mind you I did promote him to 6 in my ICC game today, when he bashed an unbeaten 31 from 16 balls :D
:laugh:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Any Notts people here? A young Victorian team is playing a 2nd XI side of yours at the moment, with 7 of the first XI players taking part in the game for Notts, seemingly as penance for their loss to Hampshire. Graeme Swann took the proverbial, scoring a run-a-ball 106, but was dismissed twice from no-balls. Now Notts are well on top, having the "Tattersalls Emerging Bushrangers" 9/133 chasing 313. Anyways just wondering if anyone was living nearby, I'm pretty sure it is being played at Trent Bridge, and if you have a spare day off head down and give me a bit of feedback - who do you rate from the Vic side? I'll probably be asking similar questions throughout the month long tour as they play different sides, so bear with me.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ok day for Lancs, Murali is injured, we made a decent score but lost our last 3 wickets for 1 run to miss out on the last batting point. Early inroads are crucial tommorow but i'm worried it might be hard work

Langeveldt

Soutie
Barney Rubble said:
Got that about right - my bet is Smith will be glad Cricket SA have cut short his stay at the County Ground. By the middle of July he'll be begging them to take him away, never mind the end of it. :D
I was hoping to have him on my flight to South Africa (end of the English season).. Don't see much chance of that now :)

Fully expect to see a Namibian or Kenyan replacement :)

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
I was hoping to have him on my flight to South Africa (end of the English season).. Don't see much chance of that now :)

Would they be willing to take a pay cut though? :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
very good day for Lanchashire in this first roses clash since 2001 after losing Chilton with the first of the day. Praises must go to Sutcliff for his superb 153, he batted beautifully, early wickets tomoro will be crucial.

Only disappointment even though i'm supporting Lanchashire was the hoggard even though he got a wicket with his first delivery he wasn't that superb and that doesn't argue too well for england, but i hoping he improves before July 21

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:

If it's a Namibian, chances are their name will be Burger! Seems like everyone they've got who's any good has that name - they're not all brothers are they, the four of them (or is it five?) ?

SpaceMonkey said:
Would they be willing to take a pay cut though?
:D I'm sure they wouldn't mind batting at Taunton for a living - isn't it supposed to be a batsman's paradise? Somerset doing their best to disprove that theory this year though......

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tense roses clash occuring at the moment the score is presently 270/7, Anderson was smashed around by future aussie opener Jaques early on today. Lanchashire's bowling has been incosistent all day, praise must go to veteran all-rounder Chappel he has bowled well all day so has Keedy.

Mahmood on the other hand has bowled like a drain, he was smashed everywhere by Jaques & Lumb especially until he got injured with figures to date of 5.4 - 0 - 42 - 0 :mellow:

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
overall i have to say a decent day for Lancs, shame we couldn't get another wicket at the end but if we knock them over early tomorrow and hopefully get a lead you never know, with Keedy doing ok today, he'll have a chance on the last day.

Swervy

International Captain
superkingdave said:
overall i have to say a decent day for Lancs, shame we couldn't get another wicket at the end but if we knock them over early tomorrow and hopefully get a lead you never know, with Keedy doing ok today, he'll have a chance on the last day.

Read today that Matthew Wood was rather unlucky today.Jaques hit the ball, which hit Sutcliffe,fielding at silly mid on, on the ankle, and then went onto to the non-strikers stumps, with Wood out of his ground

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lancs in a fairly good position, 159-1 a lead of 203 with 9 wickets left but i/m not sure we've enough time to set a target and bowl them out. Hopefully Keedy will be effective tomoz

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Durham doing well again, all the imports except Astle contributing. Nice to see Muchall doing well again and Davies actually playing.