• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Wow. Noffke having a blinder for Durham... 4/19 off 15. Certainly looks like he's maintaining his form he found with Queensland last season.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
and Davies takes 4-15 - career figures 125 wickets at 22.5 - i don't know what to make of the guy, he's only medium pace but he seems to always do well.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lancs declare on 337/5 to leave Yorkshire 382 to win, should be interesting chase, if Yorkshire get off to a good start its chaseable with this pitch, but i think they;ll be more than happy with a draw whilst Lancs are really chasing the win.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yorkshire holding on 9 down, come on Lancs. Hoggard has a 50.

NZer Adams, in with a chance to take the lead in the WL trophy, 84 from 63 so far, needs to get there in 8 balls to take the lead.

Another good score for Bell today

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
Yorkshire holding on 9 down, come on Lancs. Hoggard has a 50.

NZer Adams, in with a chance to take the lead in the WL trophy, 84 from 63 so far, needs to get there in 8 balls to take the lead.

Another good score for Bell today
Of course the important thing is the main northern team Durham won comprehensively yet again.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Of course the important thing is the main northern team Durham won comprehensively yet again.
And another fivefor for Davies. How does he do it? I'm told he's only regular medium pace, so he must be doing something with the ball. He must be very accurate judging by his economy rates, but there must be a bit more to it to be as penetrative as he is.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His economy rate isn't that low really, it's only just under 3, it's the rate at which he takes wickets which is the outstanding/unusual part. Most medium pacers would be significantly more economical, but would take wickets at virtually half the rate Davies does - like Chris Harris say. Hopefully he'll play against Sussex next Sunday and everyone can finally see what he looks like on that Sussex cricket TV site.

Langeveldt

Soutie
kof98 said:
van Jaarsveld 174* :cool:
Pah, my most admired player after Donald before he sold himself out to the pound sterling..

On the relevant news front though, massive upset on the cards at New Road.. How Bangladesh can beat a full strength Worcestershire side is beyond me..
Normal service resumed at Trent Bridge, Sajjid Mahmood going for 21 off one over :happy:

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Lanchasire in all sorts of trouble 96/6 chasing 249 for victory :dry: . Lanchasire's very inconsistent season continues

Swervy

International Captain
just listened to a great game on BBC website Middlesex vs Northants...

Middlessex needed 5 off the last 2 balls...Rob White on the boundary bobbled the penultimate ball, and allowed a two to be run when it should have been just a single.

On the last ball, the same fielder, bobbled the ball in the same place,and allowed the batsmen to score three off the last ball...and win the game

Bet he is gutted

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Bears back on top - a nice comfortable win over Gloucestershire - I feel retaining the title is a distinct possibility :D