• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Duble standards by match refrees

dinu23

International Debutant
has anyone noticed how austalian and english players most of the time get away with misconduct on the cricket field, and how asian players get the stick almost always. i mean did anyone see the the test match between aus and india. in that warne was bowling negatively and umpire Dar called wide. and warne showed discent. according to some law, a player should accept what the umpire decide. but the match refree turned a blind eye towards that incident. in the2nd test match between sri lanka and pakistan sangakkara got out playing a rash shot, and he was angry with himself so he threw the bat in the air. the match refree thought that was a serious offence and cut off 30% of his match fee. these are some incdents.Ganguly is another victim.the ODI between ind and pak, the ground was wet and the ball had to be changed tree or four times. but the match refree thought ganguly was delaying the match on purpose. and suspended him for two matches.

Sehwag309

Banned
Dunno what kinda replies you will get here, but what do u think the reason is?

Maybe Asian Players aren't supposed to show dissent!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
been discussed many times before, different referees might do things differently, but generally its done pretty fairly.

Ganguly being victimised is crap, he should have been punished alot more for offenses that hes commited.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
the problem with these perceived cases of bias (im not arguing either way, i haven't seen enough examples to comment fully) is that it seems as though the subcontinent players are being prosecuted too harshly. we should be arguing for more leniency for these players, not for other cricketers to be penalised under such strict regulations. we have to ensure that the players do not become robots

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There should be some referee's code of conduct to be followed at all times. That could simplify the situation somewhat.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
masterblaster said:
Oh no, not again.......

My thoughts exactly.

The Asian fans think theyre being hard-done by and the rest of us think the ICC are down on their knees for the Indians.

These arguements never get anywhere.

biased indian

International Coach
age_master said:
been discussed many times before, different referees might do things differently, but generally its done pretty fairly.

Ganguly being victimised is crap, he should have been punished alot more for offenses that hes commited.
but when things happen like that some one will post a thread!!!!

there are a lot of new members coming in who might not have seen these discussion it doesnt mean that they cannot have thier opinion. the best all of u who dont want to discuss these thing can do is just ignore them rather than post some thing like this :cool:

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

dinu23 said:
has anyone noticed how austalian and english players most of the time get away with misconduct on the cricket field, and how asian players get the stick almost always. i mean did anyone see the the test match between aus and india. in that warne was bowling negatively and umpire Dar called wide. and warne showed discent. according to some law, a player should accept what the umpire decide. but the match refree turned a blind eye towards that incident. in the2nd test match between sri lanka and pakistan sangakkara got out playing a rash shot, and he was angry with himself so he threw the bat in the air. the match refree thought that was a serious offence and cut off 30% of his match fee. these are some incdents.Ganguly is another victim.the ODI between ind and pak, the ground was wet and the ball had to be changed tree or four times. but the match refree thought ganguly was delaying the match on purpose. and suspended him for two matches.
England have gotten away with what exactly?

The comparison between someone asking the umpire a question in passing and someone throwing a bat in the air is futile, they're completely different actions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
honestbharani said:
There should be some referee's code of conduct to be followed at all times. That could simplify the situation somewhat.
There should be standard penalties, that's what I think.

Son Of Coco

dinu23 said:
no actually, I haven't.........you can ask an umpire a question when you're bowling, which is what Warne did. I thought he accepted the umpires reply and got on with it.

dinu23

International Debutant
what about the Murali Hussain incedent in the Kandy test match. Hussain insulted murali and what did the refree do...he said not enough evidence...BULL S**T

biased indian

International Coach
Son Of Coco said:
no actually, I haven't.........you can ask an umpire a question when you're bowling, which is what Warne did. I thought he accepted the umpires reply and got on with it.
ya he was looking at the screen all the while the replay was showing on the screen standing infront of the umpire :D :D

Son Of Coco

biased indian said:
ya he was looking at the screen all the while the replay was showing on the screen standing infront of the umpire :D :D
they do that every time there's an appeal....I can't see how looking at the replay screen is 'dissent', if this discussion is about double standards then there we go...I think it's fairly obvious that if something happens to someone from a person's home country then there's always going to be people who claim victimisation.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
dinu23 said:
what about the Murali Hussain incedent in the Kandy test match. Hussain insulted murali and what did the refree do...he said not enough evidence...BULL S**T
And why did he say there wasn't enough evidence?

Might it be because there wasn't enough?

No, it's just clear bias isn't it? 8-)