• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
CB Fry surely?

Edit: could be Ranji actually, didn't realise he took over 100 f-c wickets.
Yes it is Ranji.

He actually had a six wicket haul against (which included WG) before he got his first hundred which was in the same match - 150 odd. He had three more five fors and had a century in one of those matches too - 170 plus.

He seems to have bowled well almost every time he came on to bowl and yet we dont know about it. I didn't

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Okay I will slip in a quick one - with a difference :)

I will tell you my name - Lt. Lionel Maury Ross Deas. What did I do that no other cricketer could do ?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You played in the first ever game between the Europeans and the Hindus and ended up on the losing side despite taking 15 wickets although I doubt that's what you have in mind - however as Wisden seems never to have published your obituary thats about as far as I can take it

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q2. You played in the first ever game between the Europeans and the Hindus and ended up on the losing side despite taking 15 wickets ...... NO

" although I doubt that's what you have in mind - however as Wisden seems never to have published your obituary thats about as far as I can take it"​

If the name could be traced I would have never put it in the question :)

You have to try and narrow down what his unique achievement might be.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So no one else could do it - is that because of a law change? or a personal characteristic unique to the Lieutenant?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q6. So no one else could do it - is that because of a law change? or a personal characteristic unique to the Lieutenant?

That's two questions :)

Neither.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q8. Is the reason it cant be done again as simple as he was the first to do whatever it was ? ........ NO

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
HINT NO. 1. : The achievement cant be repeated because it involves another player who is no more :)