• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the teams from most to least likeable

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Most to least
1. Broad
2. Stokes
3. Anderson
4. Root
5. Ali
6. Cook
7. Buttler
8. Wood
9. Lyth
10. Bell
11. Ballance
12-22 - Aussies meh
23. Watson
24. Mitchell mummy's mad at my missus and the barmy army made me cry Johnson. ****

Stace

First Class Debutant
I can only assume Haddin was left out for compassionate reasons.

Either way, recent events have combined to make Aus less dislikeable than I expected. Faulkner's suspension helps too, in case there was any temptation to bring him into the side.
But I'm not sure what to make of Warner at present. Supposedly vowing to stfu, but still up to some bizarre antics when Stokes is batting.
Doubtless we'll hear about this imaginary line that they don't cross when things do all go off.

But if Anderson has reigned it in a bit post-Jadeja, and without Haddin, Watson and any chance of Faulkner, maybe we are in for a more civilised summer.
I'm not convinced by Clarke, but he's maybe less likely to be a complete tool when the games aren't being played in Aus.
He's a **** and always will be. At Canterbury, on the 1st day of the warm up match, he ignored and blanked a kid (13/14) 3 times but Steve Smith stood there for 2 minutes taking photos and giving his autograph, as much as I don't like Smith (because he's good) I cant help but respect him now.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is the most I have liked the people in an England team in ages, top few would probably have to be:

Moeen
Buttler
Wood
Anderson

Lyon is easily my favourite of the Australian lot but I actually sort of like Warner, few people I would rather watch bat. Am desperate for Smith to fail this series but can't actually dislike him.

Haddin is obviously the worst but I do have a problem with Starc, I think it is just his face.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty neutral on most of the players really. From Australia, big fan of Smith and always want him to do well, Hazlewood too, and Lyon. Don't like Warner, seems like a massive dickhead. Liked Watson too, though he's done for the series.

From England, don't like Broad, comes across really poorly and most of the stuff England have done gamesmanship wise in recent Ashes series that I haven't liked seemed to involve him. Time wasting etc. But mostly just seems like a tool. And Stokes is pretty annoying as well, seems like the English equivalent of Warner basically. Giving Mitchell Johnson a huge sendoff in the SCG test last Ashes pretty much sums him up to me. Not only was his team 4-0 down, but the guy he dismissed was a bowler.

Cook kinda comes across poorly too but doesn't seem malicious. I like Root and Moeen a fair bit, Wood seems likeable too.
ffs you've had 8+ years to fix this Faaip

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
ffs you've had 8+ years to fix this Faaip
That article you linked the other day sums up why I loved him as a cricketer pretty well actually. The more most cricket fans hate him, the more I want him to do well. Every "Twatto" makes him stronger.

mr_mister

my most liked:

warner (dumb bogan but i don't mind, he's still endearing to me)
clarke (really good person)
smith (so invested in cricket)
lyon (so casual and nonchalant)
watson (a sympathetic villian/heel. yes he's flawed but so was fredo corleone)
broad (pulls off being hated perfectly)
root (just a beast with the bat)
ali (what everyone else said. unique style and look, played really well in the first match)
cook ( haven't seen the KP interviews but i've always liked his demeanour)

my least liked:

haddin (appeals for anything, is gilchrist-lite. looks, sounds, acts and bats like a jerk)
siddle (agree with the 'thinks he's hard' analysis). that goatee is a joke
stokes (lame roided up ranga)

Gnske

Root, Wood, Nevill, The Blind Ginger, Moeen, Hazlegood and Buttler are likable enough, would have said Watson but he gets pity more than anything for being abused and bullied by everyone.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't really explain it but there's definitely a kind of smugness to him. He's better than you and you get the feeling he's well aware of it.
Well I have two things to say to this

1. I think it's drivel, personally. Because he smiles, enjoys his game, is confident, that's arrogance? Giz a break eh
2. Any sportsman who doesn't know how good they are generally fails to reach their potential. Pretty **** reason to dislike someone

In summary

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
In truth he just pissed me off when he killed Nick Compton's career and then blocked the **** out of it all Ashes.

indiaholic

International Captain
The supposed people's champion is very high up on the list of people I hate at a personal level.. People just like him because he is so good at cricket.

adub

International Captain
1. TPC. go boil yer head indiaholic. He's The People's Champion for much much more than his ability. Gives all goofy lookin guys the hope (mostly false tbf) of pulling a hot missus.