• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Trivia

Shady Slim

International Coach
considering previously you said "almost immediately" i'll take that as "the first of monty's ashes wickets" when remembering that you established his debut time earlier in the thread

Ashes Monty

1. JL Langer b Panesar ??

identified but not in chronolgy:
A Symonds c ?? b Panesar ?? - not given an order either

the second of the ?? is runs by the way

warne caught on the boundary was incorrect

Shady Slim

International Coach
gilchrist caught bat pad?
short leg and yes though, more importantly we need a date though

Ashes Monty

A Symonds c ?? b Panesar ?? - not given an order either
AC Gilchrist c short leg?? b Panesar ?? - not given an order either

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
149. Apparently people other than Allan Border scored tons in the 1980s, which I didn't know about. I probably should have got Broad, missed Stewart at the MCG as well, which was the more recent one I missed. Forgot about the likes of Blewit, Boon and Gatting.
How could you forget Boonie? Fmd. Nufan to comment

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not such a sad man that I'm going to the research to find out the answer, but I am sad enough to have worked out the question, which is that there can't be many Test sides that have had an average number of letters per surname that is lower than the current England side - put in Roy and Finn for Ballance and Anderson and I reckon that would have to be a record

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not such a sad man that I'm going to the research to find out the answer, but I am sad enough to have worked out the question, which is that there can't be many Test sides that have had an average number of letters per surname that is lower than the current England side - put in Roy and Finn for Ballance and Anderson and I reckon that would have to be a record
Must already be a record. Hales is maybe a more likely option to replace Ballance, which still helps. That only leaves the keeper, so maybe an unexpected recall for Read?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I scored 179 for the Ashes 100s. From the 1990-91 series I missed out on just the 1 - Simon Katich.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
some of the tests featuring the Waugh twins would be in with a shout, with teammates like Boon, Warne and Border. McDermott a worry though.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Panesar got Lee LBW for his 5fer. So I'd assume it went
Langer b Panesar
Symonds ct Jones nearly dropped
Gilchrist ct bat pad (Cook?)
Warne ct
Lee lbw

Shady Slim

International Coach
Panesar got Lee LBW for his 5fer. So I'd assume it went
Langer b Panesar
Symonds ct Jones nearly dropped
Gilchrist ct bat pad (Cook?)
Warne ct
Lee lbw
you got his perth 5fer perfectly for its order but it wasn't Cook who caught Gilchrist and Warne doesn't have a catcher yet. well done though on the rest.

Warne was stumped by Read off Panesar at Sydney.
yes this is true

Ashes Monty

2. A Symonds c Jones+ b Panesar ??
3. AC Gilchrist c bat pad?? b Panesar ??
4. SK Warne c ?? b Panesar ??
5. B Lee lbw Panesar ??

SK Warne st Read +b Panesar ?? (Sydney)

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hayden was caught at slip (probably Colly) 2nd innings Perth. So that would be 6. Guess Warne is 11 or something. Was followed up by Ponting getting bowled at Cardiff in 09 anyway, so if we can get one, we've got both.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Hayden was caught at slip (probably Colly) 2nd innings Perth. So that would be 6. Guess Warne is 11 or something. Was followed up by Ponting getting bowled at Cardiff in 09 anyway, so if we can get one, we've got both.
you guys are good

Ashes Monty

2. A Symonds c Jones+ b Panesar ??
3. AC Gilchrist c bat pad?? b Panesar ??
4. SK Warne c ?? b Panesar ??
5. B Lee lbw Panesar ??
6. ML Hayden c Collingwood b Panesar ??

SK Warne st Read +b Panesar ?? (Sydney)
RT Ponting b Panesar ?? (Cardiff)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pretty sure he took no wickets in Melbourne and 1 in Adelaide last time down under, which would make Warne and Ponting 12 and 13.