• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do Neutrals want to win?

Who do neutrals want to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah and Australia also whitewashed India in 11/12. I guess it got a bit heated on CW around the 2011 series, so there could be bitterness about that, but I'm not sure if that's really the case.
There's definitely more anti-England sentiment than anti-Australia sentiment among the Indian posters here. Would've been very different around 2008-10 when it was really ugly between India and Aus but with 2011 in England, and 2012 in India, obviously we've managed to lose way more than normal against them, so there's a lot of bitterness there. Also, England aren't really likeable anyway so that helps.

OverratedSanity

Anyway, England have an unbelievable amount of ugly players right now. Lyth, Ballance, Stokes. Brutal.
Don't think even Root is particularly pleasing to the eye, either. Awesome batsman obviously, but his shots always look ungainly to me.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Don't think even Root is particularly pleasing to the eye, either. Awesome batsman obviously, but his shots always look ungainly to me.
The imperfect flourish makes batsmen a lot more appealing for a lot of people. Batsmen who are too perfect can be kind of boring, for example from a pure aesthetic perspective I find McCullum and Taylor more interesting to watch than Williamson.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i would rather gouge my eyes out than watch Williamson bat

having said that I loved Mark Waugh's batting

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was talking about Lyth, Ballance and Stokes actually having ugly faces ftr

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
everyone has been calling for that guy to be dropped for years for his **** bowling. I've just wanted him dropped cos he ugly.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
thank **** that man sized lapels are back. couldn't stand those little rat ear things they've had for the last 5 or so years.

Flem274*

123/5
if lohli didn't spend so much time posing for photos that end up in joni's **** bank and more time in teh nets he might be as good as big daddy kane, root and the ugly duckling the australians get all hot under the collar for.

OverratedSanity

if lohli didn't spend so much time posing for photos that end up in joni's **** bank and more time in teh nets he might be as good as big daddy kane, root and the ugly duckling the australians get all hot under the collar for.
I don't understand. Why would him spending less time on photoshoots make him worse?

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, don't give a toss who wins, just keen for entertaining competitive cricket, so obviously this latest test was a bit of a disappointment (although it's always fantastic to watch Johnson with his tail up).

Daemon

it's great how furball takes out england's patheticness on the ****s basking in england's losses

i'm really soaking this loss in. it feels absolutely amazing.

Last edited: