• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You've kind of got to admire JB in a way, he's managed 170 odd runs in this series whilst looking like an average number 10.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
5 runs in the last 10 overs. Pointless cricket.
Yea, England by and large seem to be stuck in this endless grind since the last match. They don't seem to realise that the idea is to fight through tricky periods and play shots when you're set, not get in so you can piss around against the old ball then throw it away in a feeble and innocuous manner - which is surely just around the corner.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah its not going to happen now at all. I was more responding to Cabinet who thought it was going to be very close.
My post arrived later than my thought tbh. Still thought it was doable if Prior got going and Broad had a bat though.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yea, England by and large seem to be stuck in this endless grind since the last match. They don't seem to realise that the idea is to fight through tricky periods and play shots when you're set, not get in so you can piss around against the old ball then throw it away in a feeble and innocuous manner - which is surely just around the corner.
Exactly, although the pitch isn't helping here as it is slow as death.