• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
woke up today to find ****ing Bell is burying us again, the morning has proved a tough time to bat so far though, if we run through England in the morning we should win fairly easily though

91Jmay

International Coach
woke up today to find ****ing Bell is burying us again, the morning has proved a tough time to bat so far though, if we run through England in the morning we should win fairly easily though
200 isn't going to be an easy chase at all. Its gettable and Australia should be slight favorites if the chase is less then 240 but it won't be easy.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
200 isn't going to be an easy chase at all. Its gettable and Australia should be slight favorites if the chase is less then 240 but it won't be easy.
A lot depends on Warner IMO, and Clarke obviously, but it's really hard to know what a good score is, Swann could make life difficult however, 240 would certainly have me nervous, but it shouldn't be too much trouble

91Jmay

International Coach
You'd be minimum 8 down if you chased 240, not sure how you can be so confident to be honest given that you made 270 first innings and that was with a century and a 60 odd from a guy who is now injured.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the nature of Watson's injury? Fmd he makes a telling contribution with the bat then dies again.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
You'd be minimum 8 down if you chased 240, not sure how you can be so confident to be honest given that you made 270 first innings and that was with a century and a 60 odd from a guy who is now injured.
Warner and Clarke failed, I don't expect that to happen twice tbh, it's hard to predict given I don't know what the conditions will be like

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bell end you bastard!

Not to worry, given his results this series he's only got 5 more runs in him.

Good Cricket Sim we have going in this thread too.

benchmark00

Reckon England are very strong favourites from here, but a lot depends on first session today. If Australia do what England did yesterday in the pre lunch session then it's game on, otherwise it's England's to lose.

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
66.66666666/33.33333333 in Englands favour for me, basically expect England to win 2 out of 3 times from here.

Prior surely due some runs, a quick 35 would do as long as Bell hangs around and Broad/Swann/Bres chip in 40/50odd between them

Days of Grace

International Captain
You want enough runs to have a decent crack with the second new ball. Say 90 overs at 3 rpo = 270.

275-300 for me. If Australia get that then all credit to them.

Riggins

International Captain
He shouldn't be needing to dive, for example, for straight balls that barely miss the left handers hip from a right armer.

benchmark00

And nor does he, for straight balls. He does, and needs to, for balls passing the left handers hip and swing after the stumps. Genuinely think you're watching a different game or something.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Haddin's keeping has been really good I thought, as long as he takes all the catches I'm not too worried about footwork.