• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hmmm think bumble and you might be reading too much into it - he's just not very quick. i noticed it last game. come in amidst talk he's a gun fielder and saw a guy moving at the pace of Jay Neagle.
Possibly I am, just you expect teenagers to be a bit better in the field that that and a bit quicker.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really not a fan of them reviewing the no ball on every single dismissal. Does a one cm difference either way actually change the delivery in any way? Just make a call and get on with it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Decent session for England. But I still think Aus would have taken this score at tea if they'd been offered it five hours ago, with Cook, Trott and KP all gone. This is definitely a 450+ pitch if you know what you're doing.

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
****in hell 183/4. Thats not even particularly good for us anymore. Siddle you ****.
Yeah time was that that was a poor morning for a team playing against Oz as you knew they would get 450+ with no problems. Now bowling sides feel they can make inroads into the Aus batting line up and that lower 1st innings totals aren't the end of the game.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah you're still well in control. Anything less than 350 doesn't look like enough and we're stile miles away from that.
I wouldn't say well in control, but it's definitely advantage Australia, particularly with Bairstow looking a walking wicket and Prior in no form.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Really not a fan of them reviewing the no ball on every single dismissal. Does a one cm difference either way actually change the delivery in any way? Just make a call and get on with it.
It really ****s me that front foot no-balls aren't the responsibility of the 3rd umpire in the first place.

Ruckus

International Captain
I think we just really let a potentially very good advantage slip here with generally ****e bowling for most of the day. Harris, and to a lesser extent Watson, aside the bowling has been poor. At 30 for 3 or whatever it was, we have let it slip pretty bad. We had a decent chance of bowling eng out for maybe even something as paltry as 250 (which could almost be match winning on this wicket), but i cant see that happening now.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It really ****s me that front foot no-balls aren't the responsibility of the 3rd umpire in the first place.
That... would not work. Unless it could be fully automated somehow. Seriously though, if drs is for the 'howler', front foot no balls too close to be called on the field don't really seem to fall within that field.

Ruckus

International Captain
Really fearing Prior here tbh. He could quite easily smash out a decent run-a-ball score and take the game away from us. So crucial we get him early again.

Riggins

International Captain
yeah i don't have a problem with the batsman not being out if it was a no ball, but it just ****s me that only the wicket balls get called now. i wasn't really listening but didn't the comms say they went back and checked and siddle had bowled 3 in the spell that weren't called or something? **** me, if you call the first one when it actually happens, he probably takes his mark back six inches and it doesn't result in the farce that is a guy getting recalled. ****.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah you're still well in control. Anything less than 350 doesn't look like enough and we're stile miles away from that.
You don't notch down 300+ for Australia against anyone.

England are on track for 350 here with the pitch as it is, even if it's below par for the conditions, it still sets up the Test with enough runs that they should be able to set a good target in the fourth innings.