• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

the big bambino

International Captain
To the blokes arguing whether they were wrong or not, shush up.
You know what its not that. Who cares if things turn out different to what was suggested? Just commenting on the post prediction qualifications to explain why things didn't turn out as expected.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
But isn't that exactly what the Siddle sceptics did due to a few quiet warm up matches with the ball (he did score his maiden first class century in the warmups).

- Officially the highest ranked bowler from both countries.
- The only Aussie bowler to have bowled a ball in a Test match in England before
- 150 Test wickets @ a very respectable 28. something
- A Test hat trick against England
- A five wicket haul in his second last Test match
- The only Australian squad member to score 50 or more in both innings of a Test this entire year.
- Durability which is always important with so many back to back Tests.
- Experience (yeah I sort of mentioned this one earlier).

As, I've been saying since I heard Starc was the likely inclusion, he is the bowler most up for debate.

BTW, its not only me you was right in the Sid camp, LHC and Heef are big fans of the big heart.
Throw in his experience in English conditions and he simply had to play.

Funnily enough the bloke with the most experience in English conditions was the bloke who adapted quickest and bowled the best.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
But it came at 4 and Hughes would've got it. Different story to a lefty. Even with that ripper the record shows Clarke works at 5. His last 10 ashes innings at 4 average 19.
Absolutely great at 5, but for reasons unbeknown to you or I (I actually agree with putting him back at 5) he played at 4. He's such a great batsmen I can't see him averaging 19 at 4 against the poms much longer. But Hughes' and Smitteh's strange techniques might be good if they can dig in here in the long run and start getting some confidence back in the batting order. I really don't trust Hughes' technique normally but if it works I'm happy to have someone else who can score runs in the side.

adub

International Captain
Not long now til the Prince and the People's Princess. It'll be a fairytale ending I tells ya.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Australian commentators on Fox sports not happy with the Rogers decision, BJ calling it a 'shocker', IMO a perfectly justifiable decision...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mind you, AB is on and there's such love for the great man to compensate for Vaughan's douche baggery