• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sydney test could be my last : Paul Collingwood

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nothing substantive there but I've been tipping this for a couple of weeks.

Reckon he'll give up England altogether after the World Cup.

Howe_zat

Audio File
With England in a good place and young players clamouring for his spot, it is as good a time as any for Colly to step down. Him being able to concentrate on limited overs cricket, which has always been his forte, would help the team and himself.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
To be fair Colly's only acknowledging the truth of the situation; it could well be his last test.

He does have a habit of producing knocks when his worth's being questioned tho.

King Pietersen

International Captain
To be fair Colly's only acknowledging the truth of the situation; it could well be his last test.

He does have a habit of producing knocks when his worth's being questioned tho.
Indeed, been so many times that Collingwood's head has been called for, and he's made a ton in a Test that a few were rumouring to be his last. Would not be at all surprising to see him make a big score in this final Test of the series.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Indeed, been so many times that Collingwood's head has been called for, and he's made a ton in a Test that a few were rumouring to be his last. Would not be at all surprising to see him make a big score in this final Test of the series.
Whilst facing the magisterial talents of Mitchell Johnson and Peter Siddle? Not to mention the dangerous off-spin of Michael Clarke! Have you gone mad? :ph34r:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Whilst facing the magisterial talents of Mitchell Johnson and Peter Siddle? Not to mention the dangerous off-spin of Michael Clarke! Have you gone mad? :ph34r:
See this would be funny if Collingwood was currently averaging more than 15 against said bowlers.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Excellent point, I guess I have, and you also forgot to mention the most impressive of the bowling attack, the left arm Shane Warne.
can't help but think you guys are forgetting someone

With a first class bowling average of 39 Michael Hussey is a man to fear

ImpatientLime

International Regular
WAFG.

Galle, the CB series, his century at Edgbaston against the Saffies when he was in the last chance saloon, Cardiff, Centurion and Cape Town will never be forgotten.

In terms of overall fielding always thought he was a rung below ABDV, Ponting and Symonds but second only to Rhodes in my time taking spectacular catches.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't see much logic in him playing on in tests. Most of the side's pretty experienced (or at least as experienced as him), he's not really in that good of touch, he's not getting any younger, and people like Morgan and Taylor are knocking down on the door pretty strongly (and possibly Hildreth too).

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I like his bottle and his fielding in particular but he and we are lucky that we haven't needed any runs from him this series.

Perhaps Sydney would be a good time to make way. All the best Colly, and thanks.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, I always liked Solanki, a mini-favourite of mine. Though I appreciate the fact that he is quite rightly no longer in the international frame.