• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Man of the Series

Debris

International 12th Man
Well IMO MOTS = man who had most impact, and whilst statistically Cook is the standout, the Ashes was won by England putting down our top order and for that Anderson takes the major credit.
Dismissals of Australia's top 4 batsmen over the series

Anderson 7
Finn 6
Tremlett 6

Seems spread around more then Anderson. It has really been the consistency of England's bowling attack that has hurt the top order.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hussey if he gets a good score at Sydney. Faced up to some seriously testing bowling and came out on top more often than not.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Hussey/Cook

Certainly not Anderson tbh. It's not like he's had a Mcgrath-like series.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Hate to see cook get the MOS itbt. **** played very well in the series. Wish it was Mussey :(

Howe_zat

Audio File
I've decided my Player Of the Series to be the six jars of co-op coffee I've managed to get through.

Couldn't do it without you fellas.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's player of the series, not player who retains Ashes. If Hussey greatly helps Australia win this test and the series is tied, than I'd definitely give it to him.

If Hussey scores and Australia don't win, it'll depend also what Cook does I reckon.

But it's definitely only between those two IMO.

Zinzan

Cook, slightly ahead of Trott & Anderson at this stage, Hussey & Tremlett outsiders if they do something freakish

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's player of the series, not player who retains Ashes. If Hussey greatly helps Australia win this test and the series is tied, than I'd definitely give it to him.

If Hussey scores and Australia don't win, it'll depend also what Cook does I reckon.

But it's definitely only between those two IMO.
Personally would never give the award to a player from the losing team. If it's 2-2 it's up for grabs though obviously.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cook 130*, basically nailed on now.
Pretty much. He's been a rock at the top of the order really. As the commentators were saying earlier, it was only when he failed twice in the Perth test that Australia have won.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's Herman Munster? I know that's what they used to call Oram but I can't work out who they sing that tune for in this series

Burgey

Its just what I've called Cook given his guyliner and longish face with the square jaw.

And the bolts in his neck :ph34r:

vcs

Has to be Cook now, I guess, unless Hussey produces something superlative in the 2nd innings. Apparently he has batted 35 hours in this series.