• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
What crap comments. He's plainly unsure as he comes up. Not a Dhoni, Strauss or Clarke moment by any stretch.
This. English trolls in anti Australian shocker.

Like the look of Beer. Could have had Englands best batsman twice.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
What crap comments. He's plainly unsure as he comes up. Not a Dhoni, Strauss or Clarke moment by any stretch.
He knew he hadn't caught it, yet as soon as he saw his teammates celebrating he didn't think to say "oh hang on a minute chaps i'm not sure" he just straight up claimed it. That's bang out of order.

pskov

International 12th Man
I don't think Hughes was cheating, I think he thought he had caught it.
Nah, looking at his reaction he knows he didn't catch it. He does the 'ooh, that's close' face and then when everyone else goes up a bit of a shrug and then eventually throws in the air and starts celebrating. Best case is he wasn't sure but just went along with it anyway, which is still pretty poor too imho.

Woodster

International Captain
That wasn't like a sharp slip catch where you're diving forward and not sure whether it has carried, that's bounced up into his hands, and he absolutely knew it.

Don't feel for Beer at all, he couldn't keep his foot behind the line yesterday, and today Hughes has stopped the ball rolling past him and tried to claim a catch, neither anything like a wicket.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Full of ****. Can see he's unsure about it on the replays, he looks around at the umpire too. You're kidding yourself if you think he was out and out saying he definitely caught it.
Forgot that throwing the ball in the air was the natural reaction to "I don't think I've caught it"

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, looking at his reaction he knows he didn't catch it. He does the 'ooh, that's close' face and then when everyone else goes up a bit of a shrug and then eventually throws in the air and starts celebrating. Best case is he wasn't sure but just went along with it anyway, which is still pretty poor too imho.
He threw the ball to the umpire I think. Thought he turned and threw it that way tbh.

Played Cook.

Last edited: