• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will lol if the Earl of Twirl is Michael Beer and reveals his identity, Stig-like, in a fit of pique at not being selected.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Loving Tremlett's form. Was an advocate of his on the previous tour of Aus and he didn't perform well. Good to see him maturing and making use of his natural attributes.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent bowling from Eng on a par 225-250 pitch

Oz were simply embarassing, clueless and totally outclassed

We'back to the mid-80s I'm afraid with this batting lineup

social

I think the stats guy on TMS was saying 1936/37.

Gotta say the groundsman could look a bit of a moron here if England get 250/300.

The pitch is never going to bounce as much as Perth, hes basically prepared a Headingley or a Trent Bridge or a Edgbaston/Lords in May.
Nope

It's fine if you dont play away from your body and let the ball come to you

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just tuned in for the final few wickets and watching the highlights. Jeez, how green and patchy does the track look? <100 obv below par but I wouldnt fancy batting on it.

One of those tracks where get it in the right spot often enough and variable things will happen.

hazsa19

International Regular
Nope

It's fine if you dont play away from your body and let the ball come to you
Yes but Australian batsmen don't do that very often.

I'm not saying we're great at playing on spicey pitches, but we do it more, and our bowlers certainly get more practice on pitches like this. It's their bread and butter. I'm not discounting the Aussie bowlers, but there must have been a formula that didn't give us such a good ride in Australia.

HeathDavisSpeed

The only way that the Earl of Twirl segment could have been a more sycophantic love-fest than that abortion of a segment was if Mark Nicholas was bowling to Andrew Symonds and, obviously, trying to **** him off at the same time.

Utter tripe.

HeathDavisSpeed

Still feel confident that my $100 on Aussie is a decent option. Reckon England will get an 80-odd run first innings lead, and then Aussie will pile on 500 in the 3rd leaving Aussie's battery of spinners to clear up in the 4th.

England seriously need to use their challenges better. Wasted both of 'em today, especially the 2nd one.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia are going at 6.2 on Betfair if you want to put your money where your mouth is.
Youre awake? Where were you in Perth?

If I had a betfair account I'd get on frankly. Those odds in a two horse race are great when one side hasn't batted yet.

Anyway, we shall see I suppose.

HeathDavisSpeed

Wolverine charging Warnie.

heheh.
Warne only bowled one proper delivery and it hit Jackman in the guts. The rest was a mix of slow & straight and long hops. Deliberately bowling pies to ingratiate himself with the glitterati. Obviously, Warne's after some female acquaintance of Jackman.