• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looked like a cut to me, but my picture quality not exactly HD.
Maybe it was in-between. Might have been the problem :happy:

Just watching 2003 WC highlights (McGrath selecting his 10 best performances I think) and saw Andre Adams delivery that bounced twice to Bichel :laugh:

Last edited:

hazsa19

International Regular
Maybe it was in-between. Might have been the problem :happy:
Sort of a back foot drive/ late cut wasn't it? A result of the late movement forcing the batsmen to play at a wide delivery with the bat away from his body.

Think it's only fair to give the bowler some credit from time to time.

stephen

I thought he tried to drive...

As for the match situation...can't keep coming back from 3/4 for **** all. With Hussey gone we could get out for 120-150.

Only Hughes has really thrown his wicket away though. Ponting seems to like either edging to slips or down leg-side.
This.

Ponting and Hussey copped Jaffas and Watson did get a good ball that he probably should have left. Only Hughes got out to a bad shot.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke and Smith to Ton up, Haddin for 150, mercy rule to be invoked by lunch tomorrow :ph34r:

And a spinnaker run down the harbour! Win!

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I think people need to calm down over Bresnan, he bowled a good line and picked up a wicket via an average delivery, it was nothing amazing.

Son Of Coco

Sort of a back foot drive/ late cut wasn't it? A result of the late movement forcing the batsmen to play at a wide delivery with the bat away from his body.

Think it's only fair to give the bowler some credit from time to time.
:blink:

Have no idea what this comment is about...

If it was a late cut, then I'm Donald Duck.

Don't think Hughes was forced to do anything, he chose to try to blast a ball through the off-side. There may well have been movement that made him mistime his shot, but he was never forced to play it.

If Bresnan got some movement that fooled Hughes then he did well, but I don't think it excuses that sort of shot being played first up. Bresnan did bowl well from that point onwards too.

hazsa19

International Regular
:blink:

Have no idea what this comment is about...

If it was a late cut, then I'm Donald Duck.

Don't think Hughes was forced to do anything, he chose to try to blast a ball through the off-side. There may well have been movement that made him mistime his shot, but he was never forced to play it.

If Bresnan got some movement that fooled Hughes then he did well, but I don't think it excuses that sort of shot being played first up. Bresnan did bowl well from that point onwards too.
:laugh: Just watched it again. My last comment resembled that of a lunatic.

It was a defensive prod that didn't need to be played. It was still a sharp ball that moved late outside off stump. Bowlers will bowl worse balls and take wickets.

flibbertyjibber

So much for this being a fine day weather wise. Gonna go to bed if no improvement in next 10 mins, i knackered and been on it since middayish yesterday lol.

Burgey

My spies tell me it's raining.

Healy just asked Reiffel what direction the rain is coming. Why didn't he say "down" FFS?

Son Of Coco

:laugh: Just watched it again. My last comment resembled that of a lunatic.

It was a defensive prod that didn't need to be played. It was still a sharp ball that moved late outside off stump. Bowlers will bowl worse balls and take wickets.
He tried to drive the thing (or playing an attacking shot of some description)...are you talking about Ponting or Hughes?

The ball Bresnan bowled was well outside off.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
I think people need to calm down over Bresnan, he bowled a good line and picked up a wicket via an average delivery, it was nothing amazing.
It's good he picked up a wicket, but I wasn't really talking just about that.He's bowled a good line and length, made the batsman played and bowled at a good pace with movement,also he's not offered up any pies, going at 1.8 a over.

Son Of Coco

Mate, you better start giving credit when a bowler takes a wicket.

Was nothing short of amazing in my opinion. :sleep: He did bowl very well after that though.