• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Woodster

International Captain
No doubt in my mind Shahzad is already the better bowler. Not absolutely express, but possessed of the sort of Simon Jones/Shane Bond, slippery, swingy kind of pace. Bowls high 80s/low 90s regularly. Probably our quickest bowler in the squad. Not tall (well, as fast bowlers go) so bowls a wicket-to-wicket line and threatens the stumps a lot.

Reverses the old ball and shapes his deliveries nicely back into left handers before the ball leaves them; with Hussey proved a massive pain in the aris this could be crucial.
Would be surprised if his pace is that consistently high, would have thought mid 80's, slightly nippier than Jimmy may be where you would find him more consistently. Is capable of the odd sharp spell though. Good analysis of him though BB.

treamcast34

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I can't help but think about what a powerful, choking atmosphere it's going to be for us in the MCG on Boxing Day. A cauldron, colosseum, call it what you want.

I think we're going to get done here, and it'll all come down to Sydney as to whether we retain the Ashes.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I can't help but think about what a powerful, choking atmosphere it's going to be for us in the MCG on Boxing Day. A cauldron, colosseum, call it what you want.

I think we're going to get done here, and it'll all come down to Sydney as to whether we retain the Ashes.
If I was an English cricketer, I think my ultimate dream would be to walk out at Boxing Day at the MCG, with the Ashes finely poised and a full house creating a cauldron of an atmosphere baying for my wicket. I can't imagine many greater stages than that on which to play the game.

Pietersen will get 150+, am willing to bet my avatar until the end of the Sydney Test on this one. (bet is void if Pietersen is left stranded by a lower order collapse) This sort of stage is made for him.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If I was an English cricketer, I think my ultimate dream would be to walk out at Boxing Day at the MCG, with the Ashes finely poised and a full house creating a cauldron of an atmosphere baying for my wicket. I can't imagine many greater stages than that on which to play the game.

Pietersen will get 150+, am willing to bet my avatar until the end of the Sydney Test on this one. (bet is void if Pietersen is left stranded by a lower order collapse) This sort of stage is made for him.
I''d take that bet, but for the fact that I like your avatar as it stands.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain

Yea you smell a slow deck so, yes you can bet on this.

True about the great stage though.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm. The only way I can see a draw is if the curator churns out an absolute prank-pitch that's like the Gabba was on day four from the very start. Both teams are bowling a lot better than they're batting at the moment.
Yes, I agree, but I still think a draw is more likely here than it was in Perth. But I agree, it's still pretty unlikely having seen Howard's weather forecast and there was certainly no value in the Draw price.

howardj

International Coach
Yes, I agree, but I still think a draw is more likely here than it was in Perth. But I agree, it's still pretty unlikely having seen Howard's weather forecast and there was certainly no value in the Draw price.
Yep, the draw I'd suggest is rather unlikely for a few reasons:

- The weather is set fair
- There aren't too many draws nowadays except for absolute flat one's like the 1st Test
- Australia will be looking to advance the game considering they won't fancy absolutely needing to win in Sydney

Jarquis

Ponting to play, batted for just shy of an hour this morning and Usman's asking for film recommendations for the next week.

andyc

Will happily accept that (assuming you're talking about 150+ in one innings, not both combined).