• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
For how many runs though? Tremlett'll keep it relatively tight but if Hussey continues playing Swann as he had and Clarke/Smith come to the party then he could leak and leak badly.
I think swann will be a completely different proposition at the G. the last 3 tests have bascially been roads for spinners (except the last 2 days in adelaide).

Finn's wickets of Hughes, watson on day 1 etc were crucial. He goes for runs, but his wickets are extremely valuable. Could see if they played bresnan and shahzad , them just being up and down tripe and not looking athreat. Finn's always doing something with the ball and batsman dont ever seem look 100% comfortable against him, despite his occasional bowling of rank wides.

Alot rests on Swann though, and i'd expect him to be effective from day 1. That is, however, if strauss stops neglecting him and actually bowls him for longer. Warnie was right when he said a couple of daysago that straus misses a few tricks .

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vicleggie, first of all, for the third time, do not avoid the filter. Secondly, that kind of abusiveness isn't necessary at all. If you've got an issue with another poster, report the post and let us take a look at it.

andyc

vicleggie, I've just deleted your most recent post in the thread; any more abusive posts from anyone will similarly be deleted.

Ruckus

International Captain
There are some pretty absurd 'purple patches' there. Look at Yousef's haha: 128, 192, 56, 191, 102, 124. And Weekes, I have nothing to say...that's just insane: 141, 128, 194, 162, 101, 90, 56. I just noticed as well, Weekes was literally 2 runs off making that 9 in a row, with a 48 followed by another half century.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are some pretty absurd 'purple patches' there. Look at Yousef's haha: 128, 192, 56, 191, 102, 124. And Weekes, I have nothing to say...that's just insane: 141, 128, 194, 162, 101, 90, 56. I just noticed as well, Weekes was literally 2 runs off making that 9 in a row, with a 48 followed by another half century.
Reckon Weekes holds the tons record too.....

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah indeed he does. Gotta say, I'm kind of suprised Bradman didn't have at least 6 half centuries in a row. I mean to him a century was like a half-century to everyone else. It would be very interesting to know how many consective half centuries/centuries Bradman got in FC cricket, although I have no idea where those records are kept...

Pothas

Weekes has a ridiculously good record actually, never seemed to get talked about that much when it comes to all time great debates.

The three Ws are obviously iconic but feel they do get overlooked at times on an individual basis, maybe something to do with Headley before and Sobers coming after; anyway this is ridiculously off topic.

Last edited: