• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Ruckus

International Captain
Far out, Australia could really lose the entire match in this innings here. The pitch is completely flat, par would be atleast 400. Even if we somehow manage to get to 250, which is dependant on Hussey/Haddin again, that falls way too short of the mark. Only hope now (other than a Hussey/Haddin miracle) is that our bowlers do an exceptional job.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Can't stand Greig's commentary there "this could be interesting Swann vs Haddin - Haddin may go down the ground". I will donate $10 to charity if Haddin goes over the top before he has 40 runs. There will not be any fireworks in the immediate future.

TumTum

Banned
What a ****ing terrible shot that was. Wonder what the thought process was there, "I'm feeling good, not looking bad either, might try to glide one off the face of the bat".
Well what was Watson wondering when he walloped that 6? Would have been called a good shot if it actually came off.

Btw how many w's can you spot in the above sentences :ph34r:

tooextracool

International Coach
Think one of Swann's few problems is that when things arent going well and he isnt taking wickets, he gets too adventurous. Hes not bowling badly, but he needs to be consistent in line and length and vary the pace and flight.

Jacknife

International Captain
Was pointed out on Sky (when exactly I can't remember, maybe one of the preview shows) that his release point is only very marginally higher than Broad's, despite the fact he is a couple of inches taller.
Wasn't it at Lords against Pakistan when they compared Finn, Broad and Asif.

Jacknife

International Captain
Think one of Swann's few problems is that when things arent going well and he isnt taking wickets, he gets too adventurous. Hes not bowling badly, but he needs to be consistent in line and length and vary the pace and flight.
I think that's exactly what he has done today.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well what was Watson wondering when he walloped that 6? Would have been called a good shot if it actually came off.

He didn't exactly give himself a chance to pull it off by not moving his feet. Execution is rather important. And 9.

hazsa19

International Regular
lovely over by finn there, his best yet.

Great session, kept it tight, cashed in on a couple of loose shots. Need to keep the pressure up on these two!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Weally? Weckon we would still weckon it was wery wisky myself!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a ****ing terrible shot that was. Wonder what the thought process was there, "I'm feeling good, not looking bad either, might try to glide one off the face of the bat".
I think he actually misread the length then instinctively threw a bat at it when he realised he shouldn't be on the back foot.

Looked so, soo bad though.

hazsa19

International Regular

Couldn't disagree more. If he's not taking wickets he does a superb job at keeping things tight. Tough to base his entire career on one showing at Brisbane.

King Pietersen

International Captain

The difference being that Watson made the correct assumption that the shot was on, was playing with the turn, got into an excellent position and timed the ball perfectly. North decided to play an awful, nothing shot to a delivery that was nowhere near wide enough to be playing that shot. He also got into an awful position, failing to move his feet. If it had gone for 4 it would have been fluke, not a good shot.

I'm off to bed. Managed 2 sessions, that's more than enough. Hopefully I'll wake up to see England in an even stronger position, and not to Hussey 150* and Haddin 75*.

Jacknife

International Captain
Couldn't disagree more. If he's not taking wickets he does a superb job at keeping things tight. Tough to base his entire career on one showing at Brisbane.
Agree he's going at 2 rpo and has had great control over his flight and line and length,in fact Warne was talking about it during his commentary.

pup11

International Coach
It's an incredible game.
Thanks mate... didn't like the first one that much as it was kind of short for my liking, but have heard pretty good things about the second one.
Coming back to cricket, there is absolutely no excuse for the fact that we are in such a situation on the 1st day in Adeliade out of all places.

tooextracool

International Coach
Its not basing it on one test at Brisbane though. We saw it at Cardiff last year as well and we're seeing it a bit here as well. Swann has learned the art of taking wickets but I'm not sure if he's learned the art of letting the batsman getting themselves out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Thanks mate... didn't like the first one that much as it was kind of short for my liking, but have heard pretty good things about the second one.
Coming back to cricket, there is absolutely no excuse for the fact that we are in such a situation on the 1st day in Adeliade out of all places.
Anderson deserves every wicket he has today without doubt. The other two wickets, however...