• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watto on Inside Cricket just confirmed there's nothing wrong with him.

Apart from his haircut :ph34r:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
This time I have a proper leak, from a real spy!

One of the financial planners at our firm went to a lunch today with Crash Craddock who said that Clarke will not play.
hmm

from cricinfo

"I'm still a little bit stiff and sore, hence me not training today," Clarke said. "Our plan was for me to have a bat tomorrow and then another good hit on Wednesday. The battle is to get as close to a hundred per cent as possible for Thursday. I'm pretty confident that I'll be right."

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm looking forward to nein's new technology. The score is going to be on the bottom of the screen and the batsmans scores up the entire time. Also bowling speeds from a bowlers last 5 overs.

Looks good tbh I could get used to it.
Link?

If Clarke were injured, does anyone think that would increase the likelihood of Smith playing over Doherty as a spinner to bolster the batting line up? Good to see Usman in the squad at least.

Spark

Global Moderator
Link?

If Clarke were injured, does anyone think that would increase the likelihood of Smith playing over Doherty as a spinner to bolster the batting line up? Good to see Usman in the squad at least.
Forget Stump-cam, Hawk-Eye and Snicko … stand by for shower-cam

I reckon Clarke will play myself unless he can't bat at all tomorrow. It doesn't really inhibit his strokeplay a lot once he gets set and he has no problem scoring 2 from 40 balls to get set.

howardj

International Coach
I'm looking forward to nein's new technology. The score is going to be on the bottom of the screen and the batsmans scores up the entire time. Also bowling speeds from a bowlers last 5 overs.

Looks good tbh I could get used to it.
Finally, the infobar!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No Clarke would only be good news for us, he's the one I worry about shifting the most these days.

Got a feeling he'll be okay though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Have always prefered the score in the top left. Maybe just a hangover from growing up with it, but I'm disappointed to see it go.
AWTA. Especially since not all the TVs in my house are widescreen - I can see that problem a problem like it is when they cover rugby league in New Zealand.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
On a sparsely related note, always get thrown watching cricket in Aus because you do the wickets/runs thing for the team score. Panicked a bit when I came downstairs in the morning of one of the warm-ups and saw us 0-7.

social

Is there the potential that Steve Smith could end up being a Test level Moises Henriques?

Moey, at this stage, is a wonderful package, but not quite good enough with the bat or the ball in FC cricket. Steve Smith, at least for the next couple of years, could be classified as the same, IMO.
Steve Waugh was in the same boat on test debut (and a few years thereafter tbf)

As you say, ideally, Smith would spend another season (at least) honing his game at fc level and maybe playing the odd test where a backup spinner was desirable

However, the selectors are obviously looking to fast track him and I would not be surprised to see him put up acceptable numbers if expectations were kept in check

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On a sparsely related note, always get thrown watching cricket in Aus because you do the wickets/runs thing for the team score. Panicked a bit when I came downstairs in the morning of one of the warm-ups and saw us 0-7.
Yeah, I was surprised to see the English openers put on more than 5 runs without losing a wicket also.

Son Of Coco

:laugh:

Think I can recall the same thing happening when watching us play in the UK on occasions.