• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

pskov

International 12th Man
Jesus, what an absolute shocker of a drop.

You get laughed off the ground if you dropped that on a Saturday for the club 3rd XI.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's basically why Clarke isn't a slips fielder. Was reaching for it, because he's late to pick up the ball.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I understand your thinking, but I guess the question is whether Krezja or Doherty is more likely to take wickets. I really am unsure. I don't see it as Johnson for Krezja.

On the quicks, pick your best three from Johnson, Siddle, Hilf, Bollinger, Harris.
I haven't seen much of Copeland, but I'm not sure why he wouldn't be half a chance at the moment either given how he's going.

Used to be a time when we'd pick these guys out of nowhere and back them to do well (see S.Waugh, G.McGrath, S.Warne as examples). Now they have to spend 3-4 years averaging 50+ or taking 50 wickets a season before they're considered...and I have no idea why, as we're not a team full of superstars anymore.

In the meantime, we shuffle the same 5 guys around and around and around.

pskov

International 12th Man
I can only assume that Johnson doesn't actually want to play in the next test and is trying to bowl himself out of contention.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Those guys are still around - just so happens that most of them are more Heath Davis than Allan Donald, i.e, they've got the pace but they're so loose with it and such scatter guns that they can't reliably do a job for you, or in Shaun Tait's instance, so incredibly prone to injury that 2 over spells is all you get
Well, in Tait's case he gets injured a lot, and is also scatter gun when he bowls.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
The selectors seem to be happy with the mediocre players they know well rather then trying to risk improving. I guess they will keep justifying selections based on past results against poor sides. I imagine the whole ashes series will be like this (but without siddle and hussey pulling out massive performances) and after the series we'll see alot of players dropped ( i hope if it continues like this)