• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Howe_zat

Audio File
So, on the evidence of today's turnout, Smith, O'Keefe and Johnson should be in the top order. They all made more runs than the current top 7 put together.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nightwatchman as Katich is running scared.:ph34r:
Hey, if it's good enough for Tendulkar...

And that Trott fella too..

Saw the scg highlights.. Haven't seen a pitch that green there since that ODI in 92-93 when Tunby got MOTM for taking four catches.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey, if it's good enough for Tendulkar...

And that Trott fella too..

Saw the scg highlights.. Haven't seen a pitch that green there since that ODI in 92-93 when Tunby got MOTM for taking four catches.
Was thinking the same thing when I watched the live stream this morning. Thought there was something wrong with my monitor when I first tuned in, looked way too green.

Last edited:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Seems strange that all you guys are calling for Cameron or Copeland yet the selectors don't see it.Never having seen them i am not able to say if they are any good but what are you lot seeing that they aren't?

If one or two of you were shouting it then it could be put down to favouritism but nearly all of you want at least one of them.Seems a strange one.Now either you are all bad judges or the selectors are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.
They're the flavours of the month at the moment due to being the new boys on the scene (well practically so in Cameron's case because he's barely played due to injury) and recent outstanding (but short term) shield performances....And they'd probably both do a much better job than Johnson if picked for Brisbane :ph34r:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Both being rested. To me it looks like their planning on bowling Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Siddle in the first test. Harris said he wasn't fully fit again didn't he?

Burgey

Both being rested. To me it looks like their planning on bowling Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Siddle in the first test. Harris said he wasn't fully fit again didn't he?
Assuming both are fit, if Siddle plays ahead of Dougeh in Brisbane, I will throw hands at Hilditch.

Dougeh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I dunno about that. Neither Johnson or Bollinger played in the last round of Shield cricket so I guess you could say they just took their designated rest then. I still expect Dougeh to play.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Siddle had a specified plan from the beginning of the domestic season worked out with Cricket Australia. He ended up playing one match extra when Hastings got called up to the Australian squad, thus he had to play in Perth in the 4 day game over there.

I don't think it's worth reading too much into it, they wanted him ready for selection for the First Test, whether or not he gets picked is a differing matter.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good thing the test only starts next week. So very wet in QLD today (and expected to last till Saturday I think). Apparently it's going to clear up for next week though, fingers crossed!

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Bloody amazing that the 1st test is only a week away, has seemed so far away for so many months, and the Boxing Day test is what 5 and a bit weeks away? Geez the year goes fast, one more year down the drain, I wonder what on earth ive done all these months????

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bloody amazing that the 1st test is only a week away, has seemed so far away for so many months, and the Boxing Day test is what 5 and a bit weeks away? Geez the year goes fast, one more year down the drain, I wonder what on earth ive done all these months????
Have you seen the length of your YouTube thread?

flibbertyjibber

Good thing the test only starts next week. So very wet in QLD today (and expected to last till Saturday I think). Apparently it's going to clear up for next week though, fingers crossed!
Could that mean the pitch might not be as prepared as the groundsman would like though?