• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My friend's friend helped make that ad.

Doesn't that ad just make you love the Katman that much more. He copped all of those deliveries on the body like a man.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Marcus North pulls off a monster spoof with a straight face in the middle of that when he claims to have hit a ball with the middle of his bat.
Was his 7th take, first 6 takes he either missed his cue or fluffed his lines. Before his 7th take Ponting and Clarke filmed theirs and got their lines right, so North followed in their footsteps.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly think it was Clark's first innings bowling that won us this game:

4th Test: England v Australia at Leeds, Aug 7-9, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Siddle received the accolades but Clark bowled better, and despite getting some stick in the second dig, it was the first innings that decided the game considering Australia had an innings in hand. And that's not even mentioning that of Siddle's 5-fa 3 were genuine tailenders and the ball was seaming.

And I'll add that while Clark wasn't very effective in the 5th test he did bowl steadily as a 4th seamer (australia's batting lost them that match), something Ponting yearns for atm as his 4th out and out bowler has consistently underperformed including not being able to bowl tightly when they can't break through.

Yea but you are not going to see much Headingley like pitches & conditions in world cricket 90-95% of time. Thus with Clark's pace reduced since the Ashes to that of Pollock & Vaas @ the back end of their great careers, his useful as a test cricket is done.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
For all the aussies here some good news- channel 9 has finally done what Ive waited for for years. The cricket this summer will be shown on a seperate digital channel, away from the bloody News and A Current Affair, but only the HD broadcast. Good for me, and I assume stacks of HD viewers. We'll get the full coverage for every match for the first time EVER!

Last edited:

sifter132

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yea but you are not going to see much Headingley like pitches & conditions in world cricket 90-95% of time. Thus with Clark's pace reduced since the Ashes to that of Pollock & Vaas @ the back end of their great careers, his useful as a test cricket is done.
Was watching Brett Lee on Wide World of Sports this morning. He said Stuart Clark's bowling as fast he'd ever seen - which I found interesting because that's not the attribute that usually gets mentioned with Clark, so reading between the lines... speed must be something that's been on Clark's mind or be something that he's working on. But anyway, I dunno if that's all in Brett's head or whether it's come across in the Shield games. Anyone who's watched NSW this summer care to comment on Stuart Clark's current speed?

Ruckus

International Captain
For all the aussies here some good news- channel 9 has finally done what Ive waited for for years. The cricket this summer will be shown on a seperate digital channel, away from the bloody News and A Current Affair, but only the HD broadcast. Good for me, and I assume stacks of HD viewers. We'll get the full coverage for every match for the first time EVER!
Does that mean the broadcast won't be on the non-digital channel 9?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Was watching Brett Lee on Wide World of Sports this morning. He said Stuart Clark's bowling as fast he'd ever seen - which I found interesting because that's not the attribute that usually gets mentioned with Clark, so reading between the lines... speed must be something that's been on Clark's mind or be something that he's working on. But anyway, I dunno if that's all in Brett's head or whether it's come across in the Shield games. Anyone who's watched NSW this summer care to comment on Stuart Clark's current speed?
Interesting.

Spark

Global Moderator
It really is kind of amusing how one of the best sporting promos you'll ever see is just footage and some background music.

Teja.

Global Moderator
It really is kind of amusing how one of the best sporting promos you'll ever see is just footage and some background music.
Yeah, Even for a neutral, It was very moving.

****ing Indian channels serve up the ****tiest promos ever. Ughh.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I love how the promo moves from the old footage of Bradman and co playing to the past three series.