• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonathan Trott

WarwickshireB

Cricket Spectator
Jonathan Trott has been called up to the England squad for the 4th test.

Lets hope he can score loads of runs. :)

simmy

International Regular
They say his chances are dependant on Flintoff... but surely Harmison will play in Freds place.

Trott in for Bopara?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
They say his chances are dependant on Flintoff... but surely Harmison will play in Freds place.

Trott in for Bopara?
If Harmison plays it weakens the batting so Trott will play instead of a bowler. They might even leave out Swan depending on conditions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If Harmison plays it weakens the batting so Trott will play instead of a bowler. They might even leave out Swan depending on conditions.
Can't see it as it would leave us with literally no spinning options if the pitch does turn, unless one counts Colly's cutters and I don't.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Rather like being the best defender in a 10-0 loss tho. Only creditable comparitively speaking.
Haha yeah well, he bowled quite nicely TBF, seemed to get a bit of grip and turn. Reckon he should work on them, could be hand, especially in ODIs.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strauss the idiot needs to actually bowl him in the first place.

He should have bowled in the last Test, what with 3/5ths of the bowling attack looking completely toothless and the other two going in and out.

With Strauss it feels like someone else draws up a plan at the start of the day as to when the bowlers bowl, with the overs nicely shared out and he rigidly sticks to it.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Couldn't this be merged with the *Official* Fourth Test thread?
Hmm, worth having an individual thread I'd think. The Test Match threads have an all-consuming quality that tends to submerge all discussion re a particular subject, particularly when the match gets underway.

And what if he plays in the fifth Test too?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmm, worth having an individual thread I'd think. The Test Match threads have an all-consuming quality that tends to submerge all discussion re a particular subject, particularly when the match gets underway.

And what if he plays in the fifth Test too?
I suppose that near enough every single other player in both squads so far has his own individual thread. It's just so silly that it's come to Trott being called-up, I suppose, that's so outrageous.

tooextracool

International Coach
I suppose that near enough every single other player in both squads so far has his own individual thread. It's just so silly that it's come to Trott being called-up, I suppose, that's so outrageous.
Think this was meant to be a thread where people discuss and for those who have watched him bat before to share aspects regarding his technique and temperament. Very little is known about J. Trott by most people (including me) and he looks almost a certainty for the next test.

tooextracool

International Coach
Broad + Flintoff out > Trott + Harmison in.

Pretty much how i see it.
Yeah that's the way I see it as well. Sidebottom has a very slim chance of playing and that depends on two conditions:

1) Flintoff playing
2) the wicket and conditions looking extremely seamer friendly.