• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Do you think it's actually likely he'll get dropped? would be interesting going through the predictions thread and see if anyone tipped that to happen
They didn't - plenty of people tipped him as leading wicket-taker though. Including me IIRR.

Anyway don't see him being dropped. For one, he's a damn good lower-order batsman. For two, even when bowling utter crap he's still returned less-than-dreadful figures. For three, the chance of him coming spectacularly right at absolutely any given time.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
What makes you a cricket captaincy expert?
It's common sense, really. England are taking an advantage they have little need for, which gives Australia a slightly better chance at drawing this game. Yes, it's small regardless but that doesn't matter. It's like an extra blanket on top of the 3 you already hav on when it's only 18 degrees outside.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Do you think it's actually likely he'll get dropped? would be interesting going through the predictions thread and see if anyone tipped that to happen
I'd imagine he's in the same kind of situation that Broad's in with us. Being picked in the side on the potential that they'll do something special rather than by judging it on their actual bowling. Added to that both sides seem to value their number 8 batting with more importance than they should do.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
I'd imagine he's in the same kind of situation that Broad's in with us. Being picked in the side on the potential that they'll do something special rather than by judging it on their actual bowling. Added to that both sides seem to value their number 8 batting with more importance than they should do.
Johnson's an accomplished bowler. Broad isn't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Y'know, in some respects it's good to see Cook taking the aggressive-style "I'll hit it in the air if I want" approach, it's exactly what we'll need for most of this innings.............. but I feel a bit uneasy with it in this session.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Y'know, in some respects it's good to see Cook taking the aggressive-style "I'll hit it in the air if I want" approach, it's exactly what we'll need for most of this innings.............. but I feel a bit uneasy with it in this session.
Tbh, losing Cook early on wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It's as good a time as ever for Bopara and Pietersen to play their natural game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
One thing England's batsmen have so far done well this series is that Siddle has bowled a mixture of nonsense and goodies this series and his figures are pretty much out-and-out poor. That's one bowler they've dealt with well even if Johnson and Hauritz's figures massively flatter them.