• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tour Matches

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't get too carried away, apart from Pietersen, Hughes is over twice as good as any English batsman. :)
Oh, where to start

I'm hyped for the Ashes, and in general I'm hyped for it on here, love the banter between us and the Aussies, but some of the comments (from both sides) are borderline imprisonable

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe we could have a separate thread to discuss the actual play...then another for discussing the players massive overreactions facepalm comments

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
2 out of Harmisson, Sidebottom & Onions should play at Cardiff, instead of Broad.

With Jimmy, Freddie & Swann, ofcourse.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
2 out of Harmisson, Sidebottom & Onions should play at Cardiff, instead of Broad.

With Jimmy, Freddie & Swann, ofcourse.
Don't agree. We'd have a long tail starting at 7 if Broad doesn't play. He's started to show genuine improvement with the ball, and is a very capable batsman, definitely deserves a go in the first 3 Tests at least. The one position up for grabs will go to either Onions, Harmison, Panesar or Rashid. I'd be tempted to go for Harmison, just have to see how Onions goes in this innings. If he picks up a few then it'd be harsh to drop him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Harmison not exactly establishing his mensa credentials bowling there to Ponting. Useful puller, the boy.

And a wide half-volley first up from Onions. Katich misses out.

Redbacks

International Captain
Will never be as bad as the past two India-Australia series. Especially the last one out here. That was horrific.
As bad as the infiltration of 'cheat', 'racist', 'we have x number of people' into youtube comments and cricinfo comments?