Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1393

Thread: **Official** Tour Matches

  1. #46
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    I think they did, but the ECB kind-of had to say yes, because Australia let us have a 12-a-side when we went down last time.
    Wouldn't it be great if tit-for-tat refusals meant there was never another 12\15-a-side game ever on Ashes tours.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  2. #47
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    24,658
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Huh. Hauritz can bat a bit too, it seems.

    I had him down as a proper tailender for some reason I can't now recall. FC record suggests he's ok-ish tho.
    Hauritz has a fair bit of talent with the bat especially in the longer format. In ODIs he is fairly ordinary for some reason though. I would say he's as good as Swann.

  3. #48
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    29,905
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Huh. Hauritz can bat a bit too, it seems.

    I had him down as a proper tailender for some reason I can't now recall. FC record suggests he's ok-ish tho.
    Probably because he always seems to bat at 10 or 11 due to Aussie's ridiculously long batting lineup.

  4. #49
    International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Probably because he always seems to bat at 10 or 11 due to Aussie's ridiculously long batting lineup.
    With his bowling average ballooning at NSW and Queensland, part of the reason Hauritz has been able to maintain his position in these teams is his semi-competent batting.

    During his U/19 and Academy days, Hauritz batted above the likes of Mitch Johnson, Adam Voges, Aaron O'Brien and Chris Hartley. Obviously always had the natural talent with the bat.


  5. #50
    International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,340
    My impressions on Day 1 of the Ashes tour.

    Always difficult to judge form based on the first meaningful hit-out for many of the players in months. Encouraging that Hussey, Clarke, Katich and Haddin all found some time in the middle, 80 to 100 balls at the crease is a far better hit-out than any net practise or T20 game.

    Marcus North must consider himself lucky that he is probably a guarantee for the 1st Test. His failure would have been more significant if he was involved in a position battle with a non-injured cricketer.

    Very similar start to the tour as happened in 2001. First 5 wickets falling for less than 150, then rear-guard efforts from the tail (and Martyn in 2001) helping to post a decent score.

    Eager to see how the bowlers battle it out tomorrow. One bad innings will spell non-selection for one of Lee, Hilfenhaus, Clark, Hauritz and possible Siddle.

  6. #51
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    Well, that was a good work-out for the Aussie boys yesterday, but the disappointing thing is you would expect the Aussie top-order to handle a second-string Sussex in a better manner than this.

    I think its about time the Aussie top-order start playing with a bit more responsibility, I am not just talking about what happened yesterday, but also in general, the Aussie top-order has been collapsing pretty regularly in the last 12-18 months and most of the time the lower-middle order has had to rescue 'em out of trouble.

    Nice to see Lee and Hauritz score some runs, hopefully the selectors take note of this realise that the Aussies really don't need to stuff their XI with too many batsmen, as the bowlers have time and again prover that they are no mugs with the bat.

  7. #52
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    24,658
    Have Australia declared overnight? Hopefully and surely they will.

  8. #53
    Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,205
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Nice to see Lee and Hauritz score some runs, hopefully the selectors take note of this realise that the Aussies really don't need to stuff their XI with too many batsmen, as the bowlers have time and again prover that they are no mugs with the bat.
    Is Haddin at 6 and five bowlers an option the Aussies would seriously consider? Eg. MacDonald, Johnson, Hauritz, two from Lee/Siddle/Clark.

  9. #54
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    29,569
    Is this a three day game?

  10. #55
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Is Haddin at 6 and five bowlers an option the Aussies would seriously consider? Eg. MacDonald, Johnson, Hauritz, two from Lee/Siddle/Clark.
    Nope, as we saw in the 3rd test in South Africa, that sort of a combination leaves Australian batting line-up a bit vulnerable, my preference would be, picking six proper batsmen+Haddin+four bowlers.

    Making Haddin bat in the top six puts added burden on his shoulders, its certainly won't be easy for him to keep wickets for a long period of time, and then be expected to perform at his optimum capacity with the bat too.

    Not only that, McDonald's batting has showed no signs of being international class so far (barring his 60 odd in RSA), so it would be a bit too risky a ploy to just go in a test with only 5 out-and-out batsmen.

  11. #56
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Is this a three day game?
    Its a four day game, but both sides are allowed 12 players, so the game doesn't have FC status.

  12. #57
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    56,550
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Hauritz has a fair bit of talent with the bat especially in the longer format. In ODIs he is fairly ordinary for some reason though. I would say he's as good as Swann.
    Nah he's not quite Swann level TBH. He can bat though.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'


    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

  13. #58
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    46,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Probably because he always seems to bat at 10 or 11 due to Aussie's ridiculously long batting lineup.
    Ha, you're probably right, actually. Saw him at 10 and assumed he's a no-hoper as any self-respecting English 10 would be.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

  14. #59
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    28,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Nah he's not quite Swann level TBH. He can bat though.
    For once I disagree. Reckon Hauritz is a better batsman.
    Jesus brings life eternal


  15. #60
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    29,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    For once I disagree. Reckon Hauritz is a better batsman.
    Sorry mate, not a chance. Swanny has four first-class centuries. And 32 fifties to Hauritz's two.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 25-06-2009 at 02:36 AM.

Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Nixonia - CricketWeb takes on the World
    By Nate in forum Cricket Games
    Replies: 371
    Last Post: 22-03-2009, 10:40 PM
  2. Battle of the WWE matches
    By Xuhaib in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
  3. NZ players allowed to skip tour matches in England
    By silentstriker in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-03-2008, 12:18 AM
  4. *Official* CW U19s Tour of Australia
    By chaminda_00 in forum CW Under-19 Cricket
    Replies: 231
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 08:06 PM
  5. SL to Tour India in April
    By biased indian in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 20-03-2005, 03:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •