Cricket Player Manager
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Centuries Will Phil Hughes Score?

Thanks for the warm welcome back Dick. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to know that you are missed by Sir Dick. While thanking you for noticing my absence, isn't it great that you have moved on to almost 75K posts. Congratulations. Sounds like social phobia at 24/7...but the reward is that elusive congratulatory email from the Queen when you hit that magic 1000 tons (=100,000 posts). It will be a magic moment indeed. Well done Dick and hope Queen Elizabeth writes to you sooner than later. An extra couple of laughs to Dick, the true welcome mat.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That's a new one.

Anyway, frey is old news - first showed-up in about March 2007 or summat. Fortunately, as you can see, he's not been what you'd call a regular visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by frey View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome back Dick. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to know that you are missed by Sir Dick. While thanking you for noticing my absence, isn't it great that you have moved on to almost 75K posts. Congratulations. Sounds like social phobia at 24/7...but the reward is that elusive congratulatory email from the Queen when you hit that magic 1000 tons (=100,000 posts). It will be a magic moment indeed. Well done Dick and hope Queen Elizabeth writes to you sooner than later. An extra couple of laughs to Dick, the true welcome mat.
    Please stop referring to him as "Dick", just to annoy him. If you aren't interested in posting constructively, then stop wasting our time.

No problem at all. If one checks my original email it was reasonably constructive in terms of stating my views. It was never directed negatively at any single person. Then came Richard's post which in my view was not necessary and largely ignored what I had contributed. I guess I saw the funny side of his comment, but it did 'annoy me' somewhat as it was directed at me personally. As stated, no big issue at all. I enjoy cricket, and like to contribute to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Please stop referring to him as "Dick", just to annoy him. If you aren't interested in posting constructively, then stop wasting our time.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Well none of your posts have ever been constructive, as evidenced by the fact that just about every single one contains multiple Laugh smilies, the fact you can't even put the quote before the reply like everyone else does, and the fact that most are very confrontational - such as the last one in reply to Gelman's post.

Hence, my somewhat groan response every time you return.
    Last edited by Richard; 23-06-2009 at 12:53 PM.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

^ Lol, Richard isn't kidding, almost every post by Frey has 3 smilies! I thought he was taking the piss. Ha ha.
    All-Time Test XI:
    Gavaskar, Boycott, Tendulkar, G.Pollock, V.Richards, Sobers, Gilchrist (wk), Warne (c), Waqar/Wasim, Lillee, Ambrose.

Breakout Champion!

Impossible to predict as it could just as easily be a feast or famine for Hughes

The kid has one of the strangest techniques I've ever seen so it wouldnt surprise me if he had an absolute shocker (for those that havent seen him, it's against everything in the coaching manual and you'd NEVER suggest that anyone copy it)

However, on the plus side, he obviously has an eye like dead fish, a great temperament and recently caned the world's best fast bowler

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    The kid has one of the strangest techniques I've ever seen so it wouldnt surprise me if he had an absolute shocker (for those that havent seen him, it's against everything in the coaching manual and you'd NEVER suggest that anyone copy it)
    I've never seen him bat before. What exactly is it like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Zero.

Anderson to own him in the first 3 tests, he will be then be dropped for the 4th and 5th test.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Stays leg side of the ball a lot. And moves around the crease a bit.

His technique looks weird, but if you're curious, I commend you to get some footage and check out his positioning when the ball is let go. It doent look anywhere near as bad then.

Also has an eye like a dead Jewie and very very fast hands.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Has very good hands. Prepared to give himself room and flay at anything with width, may not middle everything but it'll fly down towards third man. Gets himself balanced rather than near the ball to drive, and drives with his hands right through the ball.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S Chanderpaul View Post
    Zero.

Anderson to own him in the first 3 tests, he will be then be dropped for the 4th and 5th test.
    I'm hoping Anderson owns him in England like Steyn owned him in SA. Anything's possible though.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Hughes gives the bat a good swing when outside off stump which in itself should please our bowlers.

If I'm honest, I think he's a pretty ugly player but he's an ugly player with 3 test centuries already so I can't see him adopting a more Gower-esque approach. Lol.

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Stays leg side of the ball a lot. And moves around the crease a bit.

His technique looks weird, but if you're curious, I commend you to get some footage and check out his positioning when the ball is let go. It doent look anywhere near as bad then.

Also has an eye like a dead Jewie and very very fast hands.

Your on the slippery slope to holocaust denial with comments like that.

Anyway, from the highlights on Sussex TV he's not quite as bizzare and outrightly incorrect as Chanderpaul, yet Chanders has a history of making a mockery of english bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Why don't the boxers have any head protection any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey submitted a class action suggesting they harden the **** up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp8XuZlgfJg

Looks like he could be very good at limited overs cricket too. Thought he was a player like Laxman who doesn't hit a lot of sixes. Plays a slog sweep in the above clip. Looking forward to see how he bats in this Ashes.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information