• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 1 - New Zealand v England (30th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, interesting lack of focus on six hitting now that it makes Root look miles better than Williamson. Wonder why that is?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sigh.

So, anyway, team predictions?
Would depend on conditions but we'd be hoping to keep our three pronged spin attack seeing that England would be the worst players of spin we've faced thus far in the tournament. Not to bag England, they aren't bunnies or anything but we've been randomly h4x against teams that it really shouldn't work against.

Continuing hoping for h4x would be my strategy.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds good to me. I was wondering about taking a punt on Southee, in the hope that the terms 'England' and 'World Cup' randomly sparked a repeat of Wellington 2015. But his recent form means it's not worth the risk.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think it's not so much the attack but the bowling order that will highlight any England weakness against spin. Make the openers try to hit Santner early on against the turn. Roy in particular loves pace on the ball.

vs Jason Roy in the powerplay this tournament:

Pace 69 (40)
Spin 15 (18)

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, don't see see any need for NZ to make any changes other than perhaps Munro moving down the order. He seems to have struggled up the order so far, played some pretty ordinary innings.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Can someone explain to me why the BC's have played most of their games at different venues, where as England have most of them at just one venue?

IKWT

Cricket Spectator
Can someone explain to me why the BC's have played most of their games at different venues, where as England have most of them at just one venue?
The organisers wish to spread the joy of witnessing the BCs in the flesh to as many as possible. Conversely, they wish to subject as few as possible to the drudgery of England.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, don't see see any need for NZ to make any changes other than perhaps Munro moving down the order. He seems to have struggled up the order so far, played some pretty ordinary innings.
Munro's an ordinary player at this level wherever he bats in the order.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Eh, I'm no fan of his, but it's not like NZ's game this comp have been high-scoring, free-flowing affairs were Munners has been the sole exception stinking up the joint. His contributions in the Bangladesh and Aus games were actually pretty handy even if they were as ugly as all sin to behold.

Zinzan

Sounds good to me. I was wondering about taking a punt on Southee, in the hope that the terms 'England' and 'World Cup' randomly sparked a repeat of Wellington 2015. But his recent form means it's not worth the risk.
Please no ... anyone of Boult, Milne, Mtch McClen, or NcCullum ahead of Southee in T20s in 2016 thank you. I'm not missing his straying on leg-stump in his first few deliveries or trying the short one when he's really quick enough to. We're going just fine without him.

And like Athers, I'm hoping for another track that will take turn allowing us to play the 3 spinners.

Zinzan

Actually his 35 from 32 (or whatever it was) was a damn crucial and underrated innings in hindsight. He's hardly been batting in great conditions to be fair on him.

The fact NZ's average score is around 140 and they've won every game suggest they haven't been playing in the best of batting conditions.