View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Zealand

    9 60.00%
  • England

    6 40.00%
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 466
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Semi Final 1 - New Zealand v England (30th March)

  1. #31
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SWA
    Posts
    57,607
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiviktor81 View Post
    LGICCRANKINGS.COM

    KW is ranked 6th in the world for T20 batting, Root is ranked 53rd. Root is a great batsman but KW is so far ahead of him in this regard it's not even a contest. There are three batsmen from Scotland ranked higher than Root in this format.
    Great post and analysis

  2. #32
    International Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,514
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiviktor81 View Post
    LGICCRANKINGS.COM

    KW is ranked 6th in the world for T20 batting, Root is ranked 53rd. Root is a great batsman but KW is so far ahead of him in this regard it's not even a contest. There are three batsmen from Scotland ranked higher than Root in this format.
    I've tried to defend you a few times but when you post nonsense like this it becomes impossible. Using rankings is legitimately the dumbest thing ever. Unless you believe Hamilton Masakadza is better than Dave Warner, in which case you need to find a new sport.

    Root is ranked low because he has barely played much, however when he has played he has some excellent, world class knocks.

    However Root has hit 17 sixes in 370 balls vs Williamson who has hit 11 sixes in 750 balls. So by your normal logic isn't Root massively better?
    Last edited by 91Jmay; 27-03-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    indiaholic and zorax like this.

  3. #33
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    324
    new zealand due to santner (bish reincarnate) and sodhi.

  4. #34
    Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    19,256
    Watching this on my daughters birthday will go down well. Come on England.


  5. #35
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Strange defense to your argument that NZ/Eng bowlers are evenly matched tbh, You may turn out to be right, but don't think that argument (or effectively non-argument) does you any favours. Just sounds like an assertion based on nothing.
    it is an assertion based on whatever little i've seen of the NZ spinners. I don't rate them based on that. Which is why i said i could have egg on my face if they turn out world beaters due to my ignorance.

    So am basing my analysis mainly on NZ batting vs Eng batting and I think the English have batted really well this tournament.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  6. #36
    International Debutant kiwiviktor81's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    Root is ranked low because he has barely played much
    That's rather my point. The rankings reflect the fact that Root simply has not played enough T20 for anyone to say he is better than KW in that format.

  7. #37
    International Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,514
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiviktor81 View Post
    That's rather my point. The rankings reflect the fact that Root simply has not played enough T20 for anyone to say he is better than KW in that format.
    Yeah, that is bullshit and I like how you ignored all the other points.

    Root has played 18 matches, not like he has just batted in a handful. He has a better average and much better strike rate. I'm not saying Root is for sure better, but pretending there is a gulf between the two like you are doing is totally ridiculous.

  8. #38
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    387
    England all the way. NZ have been too good - law of averages state they are due a failure.

    Perhaps why Windies cunningly lost to Afghanistan to get a loss out of the way.

  9. #39
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    Ah the old Kane vs. Root/Smith/Kohli/Mohammad Shahzad argument again
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  10. #40
    Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    26,996
    I for one am completely shocked by Kiwivictor concluding that Williamson is the best.
    vcs, BeeGee and zorax like this.
    I get a nod, the tiny smile that doesn't come with teeth
    Maybe you don't know who I am

  11. #41
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SWA
    Posts
    57,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I for one am completely shocked by Kiwivictor concluding that Williamson is the best.
    Wht? He always peddles that line of argument. You must be new here

  12. #42
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I for one am completely shocked by Kiwivictor concluding that Williamson is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Wht? He always peddles that line of argument. You must be new here
    ummm, GIMH, he is being sarcastic.

    Although admittedly, he should have put a or smiley or something

  13. #43
    International Coach hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    13,735
    GIMH was also being ironic. You fell for it Smali
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

    - Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

  14. #44
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,293
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    GIMH was also being ironic. You fell for it Smali
    ****, i thought so but he also didn't add any smiley

  15. #45
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,562
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    GIMH was also being ironic. You fell for it Smali
    Smali is incapable of understanding posts that don't end with a smiley.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3408
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 03:57 PM
  2. 2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)
    By James in forum World Cup 2015
    Replies: 2606
    Last Post: 29-03-2015, 07:54 AM
  3. *Official* Semi Final 1 - Sri Lanka vs New Zealand
    By four_or_six in forum World Cup 2011
    Replies: 1174
    Last Post: 31-03-2011, 04:38 AM
  4. ***Official*** Semi Final 1 Sri Lanka vs. New Zealand
    By Days of Grace in forum World Cup 2011
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-03-2011, 10:18 AM
  5. Twenty20 WC 1st Semi Final - New Zealand v Pakistan
    By sunilreddy in forum Cricket Web Predictions League
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-09-2007, 01:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •