• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That's actually an incredible header.

Xavi, Iniesta and Van Perise are just as good as they were in 2011, aren't they?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must admit I get riled about these newbies to football whining about football rules, but one of the thing that really annoyed me was how no-one seems to are about the best rule ever invented in football about 10 years back. I.E. that attackers being given the benefit of the doubt in tight line calls. It was announced but never properly backed-up.

In the end it should be announced that every close offside giving to the attacking team is not a mistake. Simple, but they bottled it, and comms still say it's a great decision when an offside is called because he's 6 inches offside on replays.

Anyway ****ing good header that.

Scaly piscine

Serves them right for that attempt at chipping the goalkeeper when it'll come off about 1 time out of 10 when a routine shot is a favourite to score.

Come on everyone playing Spain.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
That slow-motion/still shot of RVP in mid-air could well be iconic

edit: 5:45am and only one typo

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Nonsense, think people are looking for controversy now, reckless challenge, even a smidgeon of contact means a penalty. Honestly is Costa meant to not take avoiding action from a scythe
Nah he's right IMO. It wasn't just "not taking avoiding action", he actively went out of his way to stand on him.

EDIT: No denying it is a rash challenge though.

Last edited:

Pothas

Serves them right for that attempt at chipping the goalkeeper when it'll come off about 1 time out of 10 when a routine shot is a favourite to score.

Come on everyone playing Spain.
Yeses love the Scaly hate of the chip.

Really good half that.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Phenomenal header. You don't save those. Key save from Cillessen from Silva at 1-0 looks all the more important now.

For what it's worth, looked like a penalty to me. Crazy challenge and you're just asking for it if you charge in like that.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nah he's right IMO. It wasn't just "not taking avoiding action", he actively went out of his way to stand on him.

EDIT: No denying it is a rash challenge though.
Don't think it was necessarily deliberate, but he definitely put his foot on the defender.

grecian

Don't think it was necessarily deliberate, but he definitely put his foot on the defender.
Yes, as he was tumbling over because of the wild challenge. Honestly if Costa had planed that he's more of a genius than RVP.

Clear pen, lets move on.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, as he was tumbling over because of the wild challenge. Honestly if Costa had planed that he's more of a genius than RVP.

Clear pen, lets move on.
I dunno, on the slow-motion replay it looked clear that Costa deliberately stepped on the trailing foot. Honestly think the Dutch defender didn't complain because he probably thought the contact was the natural result of his challenge and not something Costa created to intentionally go down.

Anyway it was a **** challenge so it probably deserved a pen anyway