Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Road to World Cup 2014

Cleverley not really cut out for this really advanced role for me. Had a great position there, in behind and tons of space and he didn't even look up. Just belted it over everyone. One of the commentators from the other night said he hadn't scored yet for Manure. Did well to hit the keeper with the other chance obviously.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    **** off cleverley
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Is Tom Cleverly the most over rated player ever to pull on an England jersey? Two sitters he has missed now.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Get him off. Having a ****ing mare.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Mark Lawrenson on BBC Radio 5 live:
    "Unstoppable, absolutely unstoppable. Konoplianka just cut inside and curled it away from Joe Hart. That all came when England give the ball away again, Joleon Lescott the culprit this time, but Ukraine moved the ball quickly and the finish was decisive.

"It is no more than Ukraine deserve and yet arguably England have had the best chance of the lot. Every time I see Lescott play, he always makes a mistake. But that was a brilliant finish and Joe Hart was nowhere near it.

Does this wanker get paid to comment on games he's not watching?

England have probably edged the play whilst Ukraine have had a number of sighters without them being great opportunities. England have actually kept the ball far better tonight than I've seen them do for a long time.

Just shows why we have no chance of doing anything in the future as we have muppets like Milner and Cleverly in the side. Worrying that we still play the proven failed combination of Gerrard and Lampard, lets hope Wilshere is the same player when he eventually gets fit.

We will probably draw 1-1 and still go on to qualify easily enough but I know we stand bugger all chance of doing anything when the proper stuff arrives.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    You don't half talk some **** flibberty. If you weren't around I'd be starting to miss roseboy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Cleverley not really cut out for this really advanced role for me. Had a great position there, in behind and tons of space and he didn't even look up. Just belted it over everyone. One of the commentators from the other night said he hadn't scored yet for Manure. Did well to hit the keeper with the other chance obviously.
    That would be my take on it. It looks plain enough that he could do a very good job in a deeper role for England, but no way is he going to do the role that's being asked of him. Surely Gerrard or Lampard would be better there, wouldn't they?

That being said, I've just got back home and found us trailing, so what have I missed?

This England midfield is rubbish. No shape whatsoever.

ITV commentary doing my head in as usual as well: "Gerrard couldn't have closed him down quicker". Yes, probably true, but only because he left his man in the first place and had far too much ground to make up to close the shot down.
    Last edited by sledger; 11-09-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    You don't half talk some **** flibberty. If you weren't around I'd be starting to miss roseboy.
    So what have I said that is wrong there, we are an ordinary side and I know that. The thing is once we qualify the press will whip the idiots into a frenzy and many will think we will have a chance of winning the darn thing. Just about qualifying is our limit with blokes like Milner and Cleverly in the side.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    That would be my take on it. It looks plain enough that he could do a very good job in a deeper role for England, but no way is he going to do the role that's being asked of him. Surely Gerrard or Lampard would be better there, wouldn't they?

That being said, I've just got back home and found us trailing, so what have I missed?
    I'd say Gerrard is best used where he is now. Always felt we missed a trick having him sit deeper when he was at his peak, but I wouldn't put him there now. Lampard, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I'd say Gerrard is best used where he is now. Always felt we missed a trick having him sit deeper when he was at his peak, but I wouldn't put him there now. Lampard, maybe.
    It was ludicrous not playing him further up when he was younger and had the legs to get about more.

I just feel that we're short of goal scoring options with the current formation and that Cleverley's being played out of position. That being said, you're probably right about Gerrard.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I think Gerrard's having a really good game tonight tbh. Lamps at the point of triangle where he plays for Chelsea with Cleverly deeper would make a lot more sense to me too.

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information