• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to World Cup 2014

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure it is all that great really. Ukraine have two games against San Marino so that is a certain 6 points and then their other 2 games are at home. It could well come down to the England game in Ukraine.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not sure it is all that great really. Ukraine have two games against San Marino so that is a certain 6 points and then their other 2 games are at home. It could well come down to the England game in Ukraine.
I'd sooner get a play-off than third, tbh.

FIFA will stitch up the draw and give us someone gash if we do need to go through the play-offs, our TV money too important to miss out if at all possible.

Pothas

Yeah but if Montenegro had won yesterday then we would still be looking good for 2nd, Ukraine winning opens it up quite a bit.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah but if Montenegro had won yesterday then we would still be looking good for 2nd, Ukraine winning opens it up quite a bit.
Actually looking at the table you're probably right. Makes us winning it more likely, but maybe makes 2nd dodgier.

Still if we can't beat Poland and Montenegro at home, etc, etc...

Fully expecting this to be dragged up when we don't.

Pothas

Yeah they really should be able scrap their way unconvincingly through, would be really quite pathetic if they don't even manage 2nd spot. Not actually beaten anyone approaching decent yet though so you never know.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should get 2nd now and all on the game in Ukraine. Says it all about how ordinary we are that we are worrying about qualifying from this group.

Burgey

It must be irritating to follow a side which always leaves it so late to qualify. The gun sides are already there :ph34r:

Pothas

Am disappointed for Uzbekistan, was looking forward to them making the World Cup, can't see them doing it now.

Burgey

**** it. I'm gonna go. Will take Burgeinho too. Be a trip he will cherish all his days.

Burgey

Just dawned on me this arvo. He's sport and football mad. Goes all right at it, and this is maybe the last chance for a while, given Australia's side is aging. Would be the trip of his life. I'll do the last group game and of course our quarter, semi and the final where we beat Argentina 2-1 :ph34r:

He'll love it. Brazil a great country, but it is scary. He and his sister will learn a lot and appreciate things more.

Burgey

And by "football mad", I mean the kid asks himself "What would Messi do?" for most life situations.

Daemon

If you're really looking to teach them life lessons you should hand them the money, tickets, passport and visa and tell them to find their way there and back.

Burgey

True. Dunno if their mum would run with that though. Plus, in all honesty, brazil is such a dodgy place

Son Of Coco

Just dawned on me this arvo. He's sport and football mad. Goes all right at it, and this is maybe the last chance for a while, given Australia's side is aging. Would be the trip of his life. I'll do the last group game and of course our quarter, semi and the final where we beat Argentina 2-1 :ph34r:

He'll love it. Brazil a great country, but it is scary. He and his sister will learn a lot and appreciate things more.
Have you told him about his long lost brother yet? Get to it, I'm already packing my bags.