• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 wheels

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aye. Aussies will have to give up this sport lark. Suppose we could always invent another sport for them as I can't see Aussie Rules making it into the Olympics.
Brts must be happy its taking the focus off their ****house cricket team

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yep, really need to take focus off that number one ranked team that finished yet another day without losing a wicket :ph34r:

social

Back on the cycling, Meares was absolutely hopeless in that final

Her tactics were just rubbish and she failed to ride the race out - pretty bewildering stuff from an Olympic and world champion

Coming on top of her relative failure in the team sprint, I wonder if the Oz media will give her a similar hammering to Magnussen

Doubt it some how

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aye. Aussies will have to give up this sport lark. Suppose we could always invent another sport for them as I can't see Aussie Rules making it into the Olympics.
If last night's match is anything to go by, Aussie Rules would make it easily. One of the greatest games ever.

Burgey

It's just so difficult to explain to Burgeinho. "Dad, the Poms cheated in the cycling" he said to me on the phone yesterday.

So I did what any father would. Told him "Don't be surprised mate, it's their way. It's why they're loathed the world over in sporting contests. You can't trust a Pom in any sporting contest. For decades they've won nothing, now they'll stoop to any low to win something. You go about it the Australian way mate - win fairly, then sledge the **** out of your opponent afterwards"*

* this conversation may not actually have happened. That or the nationalistic dick waving may have been lifted from a tour thread.

uvelocity

International Coach
Back on the cycling, Meares was absolutely hopeless in that final

Her tactics were just rubbish and she failed to ride the race out - pretty bewildering stuff from an Olympic and world champion

Coming on top of her relative failure in the team sprint, I wonder if the Oz media will give her a similar hammering to Magnussen

Doubt it some how
bit of a difference there. can't recall her ever telling the world the other competitors they were no chance

Burgey

Burgeinho following the above advice, saying nothing pre-game, scoring the winner with his left foot then spraying the **** out of the kid who had gobbed off earlier in the match while leading 1-0.

Good lad.

Burgey

Learning basic foot skills. And notions of sportsmanship.

Plus he enjoys it.

social

Just found out that Wiggins has an Australian father - now his performances make sense

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And of course the fact that we are a superior sporting nation to Australia. Don't forget that. :p

Johnners

Very childish of me, but massive lol at the name of the Malaysian sprinter "Awang". Commentators noting that his coach "Big John Beasley there holding up Awang" as they wait for the start.