• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 wheels

uvelocity

International Coach
couldn't stay up to the end, must have been a good finish. bummed out ogrady got so close but no medal

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its a bit rich of the GB team to blame the Aussies, we had someone in the leading group, I can't work why the GB team weren't alert enough to do likewise instead of purely racing for Cavendish. Germany could be blamed though.

Good on Vino for winning, always one of the most intriguing riders in the tour de france when he's not sitting out for doping reasons! I read an article today basically saying that he's the guy no one wanted to win due to the previous charges, I disagree, but if they think that, why doesn't the Olympics just perma ban anyone done for doping as its not in line with the Olympic spirit..

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gee, sorry Cav.... :D

Comments really do read as though the rest of the field was meant to ride so as to suit him, don't they?
Aussies at fault for riding negatively :wacko:

Thought it was our guy that led the first breakaway, stayed in the lead group the whole time and eventually destroyed GB's hopes

Furthermore, we also sent another guy up the road to help him

GB's tactics seem to consist of circulating slowly enough to allow Cav to climb the hills, co-opting Sky riders from other countries to help tow him, allowing anyone with any ambition to break away and expecting the others to come back to wait for Cav to sprint the last 200 m to victory

Sorry for ****ing that up for you :laugh:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cavendish is a brilliant rider but why can't he just have said it wasn't to be and that is racing instead of whining like a baby about how unfair the field were to stop him. Makes him look almost as foolish as when Paula Radcliffe blows it in a marathon then blubs.

Burgey

Its a bit rich of the GB team to blame the Aussies, we had someone in the leading group, I can't work why the GB team weren't alert enough to do likewise instead of purely racing for Cavendish. Germany could be blamed though.

Good on Vino for winning, always one of the most intriguing riders in the tour de france when he's not sitting out for doping reasons! I read an article today basically saying that he's the guy no one wanted to win due to the previous charges, I disagree, but if they think that, why doesn't the Olympics just perma ban anyone done for doping as its not in line with the Olympic spirit..
I don't think he can blame anyone. It's the nature of the event - its a team event with an individual gold medal winner. His team had every chance to propel him to the line. I don't understand how he can botch about it - Whinging that people Hea riding against made it hard for him to win.

Well **** me. It's called competitive sport. Hea the cycling World's Peter Costello with a sense of entitlement like that.

Spikey

I don't really think he's whinging. To me it just seemed a typical post-race Cav interview, he recounted how the race went, this time it didn't go so well, so he threw in a few words that reflected that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So I'm told this race is a good chance of a first gold for the good guys, that being said I'm not going to pretend I understand this road racing lark at all. I mean how you win makes sense (obviously) but the whole team thing baffles me a bit.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't really think he's whinging. To me it just seemed a typical post-race Cav interview
Surely the second suggestion refutes the first? He's one of life's whingers.

Poor quality human being, tbh.

So I'm told this race is a good chance of a first gold for the good guys, that being said I'm not going to pretend I understand this road racing lark at all. I mean how you win makes sense (obviously) but the whole team thing baffles me a bit.
Lots of cyclists set off, pedal for a bit and whoever crosses the line first wins.

It's fiendish in its intricacies, but I'm sure you'll catch on. :ph34r:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm I'm not sure we have much chance, based on what I've heard about our best two riders.