• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WC Useless XI

anil1405

International Captain
Those players who are unlikely to make any sort of positive contribution to their 2015 World Cup team or, even worse, are likely to harm the chances of their team winning. I know there might be competition for some spots in this team too so lets choose the best 'Useless XI"

I'll start with the man whose name deserves to be first on the team sheet:

7. Wayne Parnell

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'll add Watson to that.

3. Shane Watson
7. Wayne Parnell

Shri

Mr. Glass
Gotta compare Jehan Mubarak and Jeevan Mendis sometime. Initials JM is not a lucky one for SL apparently.

But then again wouldn't be surprised if they have like a million initials between them. Those guys have freakishly lengthy names tstl.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
In fairness to Ballance and his selectors, England have faced some disarray and he has been great in Tests (he averages 60 and has scored 1400 runs in 8 matches), so it's easy to see why they'd experiment with him in the ODI side.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He also has an awesome record in domestic one dayers.

It just shows how much England's plans fell apart though. Ballance is out of form and doesn't have a body of work behind him in this format at this level to help him overcome it. The World Cup is not a good place to learn how to get through something like that. If he was going to be playing here, he should've played a lot more beforehand.. but Trott, Pietersen, Cook and Bopara all fell before him for it to happen -- the last two essentially at the 11th hour.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised no-one mentioned Younis Khan so far.

Bit harsh to put Watson there when he's only played the one game.

flibbertyjibber

He also has an awesome record in domestic one dayers.

It just shows how much England's plans fell apart though. Ballance is out of form and doesn't have a body of work behind him in this format at this level to help him overcome it. The World Cup is not a good place to learn how to get through something like that. If he was going to be playing here, he should've played a lot more beforehand.. but Trott, Pietersen, Cook and Bopara all fell before him for it to happen -- the last two essentially at the 11th hour.
Shows how bad the planning was though as when he was in form in the summer they dropped him from the side anyway with basically no reason to do it. Made a couple of scores and a couple of failures v SL then followed that with a great test summer and was chucked until the **** hit the fan with Cook and they had no other option but to bring him back. Feel sorry for the guy as he is getting a fair amount of stick when he has been badly treated and is on a hiding to nothing.

smash84

The Tiger King
Those players who are unlikely to make any sort of positive contribution to their 2015 World Cup team or, even worse, are likely to harm the chances of their team winning. I know there might be competition for some spots in this team too so lets choose the best 'Useless XI"

1.Ahmed Shahzad
2.Nasir Jamshed/Younis Khan
7. Wayne Parnell
i'll add the openers

Burgey

1. Ahmed Shezad
2. Younis Khan/ Nasir Jamshed
3. Shane Watson
4. Garry Ballance
7. Wayne Parnell
11. Xavier Doherty
Went for the spinner...